a few pics of my new nets

Guest world.hunters

POINT OF QUESTION: If having rings on you purse nets makes them function in such a poor fashion, how come the sliders didnt replace them hundreds of yrs ago, leaving the ring to fade away into history?Surely it is the rabbit hitting the net that causes it to purse, is this not the most important thing about a purse net, that it is big enough in shape that it will hold a rabbit?

It seems to me that field sports have become alot like carp fishing, you dont need half of what you have in your kit but it makes you look better on the day. Are we not becoming a little bit obsessed with having that new bit of kit regardless to it being anybetter than what we allready have? seems to me that up untill late fieldsports had escaped commercialization, sadly its not the case anymore.

I have both rings and sliders fitted to my nets and i can see no differance what so ever in which stlye works the best, just done for commercial reasons.

COMMERCIAL: done, or in for, commerce, primarialy interested in or done for financial profit.

maty j.... :good:

Aggree with what you said about carp fishing, nothing to do with fishing anymore :no: Unless you have the latest realtree jacket, trousers, gloves, socks, balaclava, pants, shoes and the latest £500 camo bivvy then your looked down on, by alot of prats :no: