Talking to farmers

Everyone starts somewhere atleast your asking for permission and not out poaching someone elses land, Bloody poachers were out on my permission last night had the farmer on the phone asking if i had been out and ploughed up his field, Another thing is try get the farmers number so you can let them know when you are going on or to check its ok, I have nearly lost permission in the past due to some poacher making a mess of the fellas land and they thought it might have been me it was soon sorted as a couple of nights later they were seen again in there subaru making a mess.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello folks,   this is really something that is hot on here, from what i can see permissions are the top topic of a lot of the posts ( annoying people take the mic out of people asking for permissi

well i study law at present final semester, so i wouldn't take the chance as much as i just want to get out and have a stalk or walk round and use the guns. I realise and always have had it drummed into me about anti pouching .... just carn't understand why farmer are not more proactive in wanting there problems sorted.

remember ,,a shy babby get's no sweets. just be confident , whats the worst that can happen, ''they say no, just move on to the next one and try again. it will eventualy pay off. if things seem to be goin your way ask the land owner if he wants anything leaving alone, one place i shoot the guys wife asked me not to shoot the hares, no problem, also ask what guns can be used , shotgun, airgun, rifle, again one place i have is a horse riding school. the lass who owns it asked if we would not use shotguns [scares the horses'lol] no problem airgun and modded rifles only. just keep em happy. permission is hard to get,and very easy to loose.

I ask EVERYWHERE! cemetries, orchards, industrial estates, private gardens councils,, the lot ! shy bairns get nae sweeties,, so get out there and ask.

I`ll tell you one thing, almost everyone apart from farmers thinks youre great for doing them a service, farmers think you owe them the world, for being allowed to shoot thier rabbits,!! some are the most arrogant arseholes I have to deal with. If they could, they would charge you for permission to shoot vermin.

So ask everywhere and you might be surprised at what turns up.

ATB

some nice tips thx guys and a big thank you davy for letter will take some with me when i go out looking again ,,tony

hello mate see your quite active on here. i have asked if its ok to modify it abit... if you want ill send you a cope see if you find it reads abit better?.

Regards

yes plz elmer every little helps thx .tony

sent it to davy mate ... sure he will forward it to you ... grammer may need so work but i feel it reads better slightly

hi Gareth

me thinks you should of done a spell check before sending it back :laugh:

Davy

yes plz elmer every little helps thx .tony

sent it to davy mate ... sure he will forward it to you ... grammer may need so work but i feel it reads better slightly

hi Gareth

me thinks you should of done a spell check before sending it back :laugh:

Davy

I am dyslexic so it take me along time sorry mate... but hope the general principles are there for you see what i meant mate?.

regards

Remember, getting a permission is a sell. And in sales it's all a numbers game ie if your 'hit rate' is 1 in 10, then if you contact 50 places (farms, market gardens, churches, aboreta, manors with gardens etc etc ) yhou should get 5 permissions. And your hit rate depends on how you present yourself and how you make the offer of help.

Remember also - you are offering a service and there are places around that do need someone reliable to help them.

Good luck!

Duncan

Remember, getting a permission is a sell. And in sales it's all a numbers game ie if your 'hit rate' is 1 in 10, then if you contact 50 places (farms, market gardens, churches, aboreta, manors with gardens etc etc ) yhou should get 5 permissions. And your hit rate depends on how you present yourself and how you make the offer of help.

Remember also - you are offering a service and there are places around that do need someone reliable to help them.

Good luck!

Duncan

thanks buddy...