Quik question

I have a 3 gun cabinet and I have 3 guns, 1 of which is a 20 bore hushpower I also got a standard barrel with it. Now with the standard barrel on it fits in the cabinet but the hushpower barrel does not. Does the hushpower barrel actually need to be in the cabinet as there's no action/stock? I could get it in at a squeeze but dons want damage any other guns in process?

Thank in advance

Ant

Written law.

Firearms act 1968,part iv section 57

1) Interpretation.

In this Act, the expression “firearm” means a lethal barrelled weapon of any description from which any shot, bullet or other missile can be discharged and includes—

(a)

any prohibited weapon, whether it is such a lethal weapon as aforesaid or not; and

(

B)

any component part of such a lethal or prohibited weapon; and

And your barrel classes as a "component part"

Edited by matt_hooks

Cheers for that fella, it was worrying me. I'll ram it in for now but will probably have to buy a new cabinet, and then some new guns to fill it ;)

When I buy a new cabinet and fit it, I then need my FEO to check it before use? Is this correct?

Thanks again

Ant

Depends on your FEO I think. When I moved house the FEO came out and handed me my certs without looking at the cabinet. He knew the cabinet was ok as it was the same one I'd had at the old place, and it was mounted the same as in the previous place, so he was happy with that. If you want the number of weapons you can hold to be increased they'd probably want to look at them though. Best bet is to ring them and ask the question.

Roy, did you get that in writing, because it is wrong, and dangerously so for your certificate. Failure to store securely is a serious breach of the conditions on your cert and could lead to conviction, a criminal record, a fine and almost certain loss of your SGC. Unless you have the FEO's opinion in writing you will have no defence!

To be honest i had no reason to question a FEO of 30 years experience. I wouldnt personally do it cos i have no where else to store guns or parts except the cabinet. I was just passing on what i had been told. So how does the sit with FAC holders who store the bolt of a rifle seperatley???