laser bore sighter and scope laser

Bore sighter , no . Your better zeroing yourself . For example , i spent a good hour and half at the weekend , seeing which pellets suited me best , and what groupings i got at different ranges .

Laser , yes , their good for rangefinding , but dont get a crap one or you might as well not bother .

Edited to say , is that `Laser scope ` or `Laser for a scope ` ?

Edited by Buster321c

The laser has to be some distance away from your scope to make any impact. i.e. below the barrel.

And you need to get a decent laser as some of the chinese ones are shit in terms or lossing zero setting and windage and elevation.

Imo dont bother. You will buy it on a whim and stop using it after a few outings. I know coz i did the same.

Scott

As was siad if you are going to buy a laser buy a good one, something like a Hawke laser.

The laser can be used for more than just range finding though and as was also said if your using it solely for range finding at night ensure the laser is best fitted and mounted under your barrel to give the biggest angle between the scopes line of sight and the lasers beam.

Another good use of the laser is to give you another aim point of quick reference point when ratting or shooting close range targets.

Example

If you zero a sub 12 foot pound .22 at 25 metres (27 yards) you get 2 points of aim where the pellets trajectory crosses the scopes line of sight. (10 metres and 25 metres), power, pellet weight, BC and scope mount height depending of course.

This is use full of targets at those 2 ranges but what if a rat appears at 5 metres?

Depending on your scopes mag (high or low), but it should be low due to the close range of the target you would have to aim between 1.5 to 3 mildots HOLD OVER to hit the rat or you would miss low (fact) due to the pellet not having time or distance to meet with the scopes line of sight at that short distance.

This is why alot of 15mm HFT targets are also missed at 8 yards because people dont understand the ballistics of their combo and what the pellet is doing at each distance it travells over and they just aim with the cross hairs on the kill zone causing a miss.

If you wanted to ensure a hit at a very close range like 5 metres all you need to do is mount the laser above or below the scope and zero it at 5 metres giving you a quick reference point at that range.

Used it this way myself lots and shot rabbits and rats with it with good results.

Hope this helps a little.

Si.

Edited by zini
  • 2 weeks later...

A rangefinder would be more use than a laser they are more of a gimik than something you will use all the time I paid 80 quid for one an sold it for 40 an probably only used it about 3-4 times whereas with my rangefinder I use it on every shot and the confidence it gives you knowing your shot will be spot on is worth every penny atb ade

A rangefinder would be more use than a laser they are more of a gimik than something you will use all the time I paid 80 quid for one an sold it for 40 an probably only used it about 3-4 times whereas with my rangefinder I use it on every shot and the confidence it gives you knowing your shot will be spot on is worth every penny atb ade

Used correctly , a laser can be a fantastic guide to range while lamping . It's far more than just a 'dot' to have set at 30 yds ........