Lamping with two dog

this post has gotten abit out of hand lol it all started over the whole dog pulling and couple of people saying yes they do pull, and all those meaning pups, new starters..my dog never pulls even if she sees something..i said she pulled WHEN she thought the lead had been removed because she spotted something, my mistake or the dog mistake, i say neither just a mis hap, my dog wakjs to seal if i want her too ,sits ,lies,jumps ,stays, quick recall day and night once missed it back to me..all been taught over a period of time i didnt rush her and im never going too..shes has only seen abit, but its all coming slowly shes only been out a handfull of times. and this is my first ever lurcher, so i dont know f**k all compared to the people on here, but have read a numerous amount of dog stuff,because not all is true.. along with my old mans knowledge on running dogs over the years he's had them. so the knowledge on dog stuff is there right in front of you, just have to take the time to read it, patience is a virtue, and i havent got alot, but wanted to put everything into the first time round.

Atb rob lol

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take the pup on its own when it's old enough. They don't need to watch another dog to learn how to chase a rabbit.

another trick you need plenty game to get a steady dog plus long walks with no game so they dont think walks mean game , neve rhad qdog master me yet had some done my head in but some are better worke

down to trainig and entering to do two dogs on there own , all this pulling i would soon put them strait as pups , long before they saw a feild , wouldnt have a mad pulling dog full stop not a joy to

Posted Images

Guest long-tail

Hi i have a Saluki / greyhound that no his job and have a young puppy that I like to bring on but am finding it very hard to walk both dogs and lamp cos only want to slip my saluki dog so the puppy can watch and see what he needs to do any tips would be great thanks

iv had a couple moments over the years where im out with the dogs both working off slip giving them each the nod on alternate runs,each retrieving live to hand working in perfect harmony then i wake up :laugh: ..................nothing less than a complete fecking nightmare....................iv tried working two together ok they was the same age and can put it down to my own inadequacies but when ones slipped the others pulling me arm off,retrieving becomes hit an miss the list goes on really,it aint for me,early mistake quickly learnt on my part,

better to work them individualy on the lamp till they steady and think nothing of another dog in their presence,dont mind taking a pup out to show it a few runs but thats it really for me next time its on its own,so why have two dogs,for me daytime whole different ball game,terrier bushing,lurchers hunting up etc not so much discipline needed but thats only a personel opinion obviously :thumbs:

Hi bud.If your not willing to put in the time it takes fair play.Maybe some of us have higher standards.Every one to there own.Catcher. :thumbs:

no worries like i said early mistake quickly learnt,we cant all fall into the field from day one and have 100% control big old lurning curve doing it on your own and learning the hard way,i never had any probs admitting mistakes iv made over the years but certainly helps better your own standards in time :thumbs:

Not saying i never made mistakes.Made 100s over the years.But i learned bye them.A lot of people on here cliam to be good dog men.If they cant train a dog to stay when told.I have to dout them.Catcher. :thumbs:

says it all really :thumbs:

down to trainig and entering to do two dogs on there own , all this pulling i would soon put them strait as pups , long before they saw a feild , wouldnt have a mad pulling dog full stop not a joy to watch or walk with ,

That's bollox whin all dog's are different as are crosses etc ive got a pup who walk's perfect and doe's everything fine my 10 year old lad walk's him in the day now ive just started to walk this pup on his own on the lamp and the dog is fine but ye stick that lamp on something moving the fecker would pull a house down to get to it and is even worse when ye turn the lamp of and dont let him run it, granted he is getting alot better everytime he is out but they do learn from on the job experiance saying ye sort out a pup before it enters a field is horse shite taking them into the field and them pulling is just progresive training which all young dogs do stop crabbing folk fella ye really are starting to look daft :thumbs:

All dogs can be trained dogs that pull and jump about are dogs badly trained its easy to make excuses the dog should be able to be worked loose and only run when told if not then you,v not put the time and effort in needed and a young dog should already be steady before taking it into the field. All dogs are different but many owners are the same with the same out of control dogs and the same bull sh8t reasons for being unrully its the breed he,s highly strung he,s eager the one short cumming they have all got is shit owners who have no idea how to train a dog but blame the dog anyway .

Ok ive got 2 lurchers both different crosses 1 has bull in it 1 doe's not they were both entered the same schooled the same before entering and both by the same person 1 was steady as a rock from pup and entered spot on and the young dog is highly strung but is coming round as he get's out more he is becoming steady how do ye explain that ?theres no excuse the dogs were just different temprement and both exactly the same before entering :thumbs:

THEN TRAIN THEM ACCORDINGLY AS SAID EVERY DOG IS DIFFERENT NO EXCUSE JUST BAD OWNERS

in the days of running hares ,i would never teach a dog not to pusue its game.i beleive ,that could lead a dog to possibly start bad habits.imo

So teaching your dog not to kill cats,ferrets,Sheep, and other livestock could start bad habits I dont think sos,your dog does not no what is and isnt but it should know when you say go and no.Time and effort is all it takes if you have neither get a cat.Sorry if i,m pissing anybody off but your dog should do as its told when its told all it takes is time and repitition to learn what is exspected of him her.Lazy owners end up with sh1t dogs and its never their fault.Put the time in and get what you wish for.There,s never not enough time. :hmm: For the thinkers out there Edited by fieldsman

down to trainig and entering to do two dogs on there own , all this pulling i would soon put them strait as pups , long before they saw a feild , wouldnt have a mad pulling dog full stop not a joy to watch or walk with ,

That's bollox whin all dog's are different as are crosses etc ive got a pup who walk's perfect and doe's everything fine my 10 year old lad walk's him in the day now ive just started to walk this pup on his own on the lamp and the dog is fine but ye stick that lamp on something moving the fecker would pull a house down to get to it and is even worse when ye turn the lamp of and dont let him run it, granted he is getting alot better everytime he is out but they do learn from on the job experiance saying ye sort out a pup before it enters a field is horse shite taking them into the field and them pulling is just progresive training which all young dogs do stop crabbing folk fella ye really are starting to look daft :thumbs:

All dogs can be trained dogs that pull and jump about are dogs badly trained its easy to make excuses the dog should be able to be worked loose and only run when told if not then you,v not put the time and effort in needed and a young dog should already be steady before taking it into the field. All dogs are different but many owners are the same with the same out of control dogs and the same bull sh8t reasons for being unrully its the breed he,s highly strung he,s eager the one short cumming they have all got is shit owners who have no idea how to train a dog but blame the dog anyway .

Ok ive got 2 lurchers both different crosses 1 has bull in it 1 doe's not they were both entered the same schooled the same before entering and both by the same person 1 was steady as a rock from pup and entered spot on and the young dog is highly strung but is coming round as he get's out more he is becoming steady how do ye explain that ?theres no excuse the dogs were just different temprement and both exactly the same before entering :thumbs:

THEN TRAIN THEM ACCORDINGLY AS SAID EVERY DOG IS DIFFERENT NO EXCUSE JUST BAD OWNERS

Shut up ye tit :laugh: dog's progress in the field and they are moulded to how ye want them none of them start of perfect before ye even enter a field and they are all different and respond different if folks allow there dog's to carry on that way then yeah they are bad owner's read both ye post's ye thick cuni