Gamo Rocket

Guest Scuba1

Guest Scuba1

Just got back in from a round in our whine yard and could not get the pellets that I wanted, so took some Gamo Rocket instead. They a quite light for a .22 pellet and have a copper ball at the front end. I shot one bunny with them tonight and the pellet just zipped through it. I normaly use the Gamo long range pellets and they deform when they hit the target and do a lot more damage, but on this bunny I had to search for the entry and exit hole as there was no visible outer damage.

So I got out some boards and sot at them and these things will go through 22mm of solid wood and look very much the same on the exiting side and leave a nice round hole. IMHO it is one of those head shots only pellets.

ATB

Michael

I shot a Rabbit this weekend, I couldnt find one hole in the thing :blink:

Think I must have got it in the ear, as it went down like a sack and I was above it :hmm:

Oh come on :icon_eek: , it looked up :blink: , saw you :icon_eek: and died of fright!!!!!!!............Al :laugh: (no offence, just strange how some kills go :blink: )

My mates did suggest that one, got abit of a piss taking from it :laugh::D

Was a good weekend, were camping and had the Rabbits spit roasted or wrapped in foil and cooked in the ashes, washed down with a few :drink:

Heaven had arrived early then? B) ............Al :yes:

Guest Scuba1

After having had a play with those pellets today, I went out and got a cheap scope for that springer and after having zeroed it in to 30m it is still fun bouncing coke tins around at 70m. By the way, the springer is a Gamo CFX in .22 with normal match pellets it spits them out at around 322 m/s. Don´t know how fast the Rockets are, but they don´t drop anywhere near as much as others that I have used. The scope that I got for it is a Nikka Springfield in fixed 4 X 40 and when I go bunny bouncing at night I use a Barbolight lamp. It is actually a diving light that has 3 sarbright LED´s in is and is very slim and light, so I can hold it in my left hand and rest the rifle on it. It has about the light output of a 30 watt halogen lamp, but burns in day light spectrum, so it seems brighter and has a great sight picture that way.

ATB

Michael

Guest LamperJohn

ive just bought some 22 dynamic sn2 pellets lead free hunting pellets , they seem to be the most accurate for my rifle ,any one useing them permetheus plastic pellets are they any good

Guest Scuba1
ive just bought some 22 dynamic sn2 pellets lead free hunting pellets , they seem to be the most accurate for my rifle ,any one useing them permetheus plastic pellets are they any good

The bloke at my local shop thinks they are the dogs dodas but only had them in .177. He has ordered some in .22 for me and thinks they´ll be in next week for me to try out. I´ll ket you know how I get on with them. But the ones in .177 have no weight to them at all. Look interesting though.

ATB

Michael

Guest Scuba1
The older plastic covered ones are totaly shit.

the lead free ones are a lot better but still dont work well in all guns.

you cant go wrong with Airarms field or the good old superdomes, most spring guns like these..and cheap

Where I live I don´t have that much choice and have to make do with what is avaliable here.

ATB

Michael