18 rabbits and £20 not bad

me and my dad and my dads pal who is on here was going to go a mooch with the dogs but decided this morning that we will just go ferreting at my new permission. we got started at about 10:30 the first warren was a big warren there most of been about 30 holes + any way we got all the nets down and ferrets in.

we waited about 3 mins the first bunny bolts in to a net then a second one but got away cause some one didn't set a net properly lol. The warrens we done was on a fence line but on the one of the sides it was like and banking of a burn which was knee deep so it was slippery.

At this time it was about 12:30 and we had about 7 rabbits they were bolting out every were and had a dig it was about 2 ft so dug down broke throw had a nice dead rabbit and we had an other bolt so we got 9 out of the fist warren.

The second warren was about the same size but as we got on we found out it was 2 separate warrens so nets down and ferrets in and waited. then the first rabbit bolts and on other one so that's 11 in the bag. my dad done the warren that was up a bit and me and liam dome the one in the middle. As we were waiting we were looking at a big hole it most of been foxes digging to get in and there was loads of fox shit but the bunny's were still in there.

As we were waiting on a bolt one rabbit bolts then an other at the same time. and we had a few more bolts and had two more digs. At this time it was getting on and we decided to do one more warren it was a small 14 howler and got one rabbit and our final bag was 18 rabbits and we missed 2 so not a bad day ferret and the good bit was there farmer was giving is £1 a rabbit but he just gave us £20 sorry no pics alb dayl

you struck gold their mate , gettin paid off farmer who owns the land thats a one off ha . a remember while back we got stuck in our disco for about 12 hours :icon_redface: , when the farmer come to pull us out the next day a told the lads to chip in and give the money for any inconvience , he just laughed :laugh: and said buy more ammo toma :gunsmilie:

good story but never ever heard of farmers buying back rabbits you got his name and number be handy , will he by anything a spend frith farmer a rare commodity at times, maybe he gets a better price than some , why not cacth some and restock land thats bare

good story but never ever heard of farmers buying back rabbits you got his name and number be handy , will he by anything a spend frith farmer a rare commodity at times, maybe he gets a better price than some , why not cacth some and restock land thats bare

ive herd live rabbits fetch better money the closer you are to a greyhound track :whistling: some bloke mentioned up to £5 each :tongue2: