Christmas flight on rabbit...beats shopping anyday..

milo

Well after a bad few weeks of crap weather and many attempts at taking phessies with my harris i decided to get back on track with my intended quarry the humble "BUNNIE"..

I took him out yestarday morning for an hour or so locally and we managed to knock one up out of some braken,luckily for the bunnie he made cover ! :icon_redface: ...has my hawk was up in a tree and coulndt see it...

The wife has been on my case with the xmas shopping so i decided to get out when i got home today so i thought just get him out for a little while where i was yestarday its only (2 min) from my house...i boxed clever this time i walked around in the opossite direction and knocked one up out of cover again (not far from where i was yestarday) :boogy: ...Booom my lads on him like a rocket he almost made it to a wall and that would have been IT.... but luck was shining down on me today what a xmas pressie :Dpost-2322-0-56673700-1324738641_thumb.jpgpost-2322-0-77392000-1324738609_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got out today,took the dog, had a flight at cock/hen pheasant.To no avail.Nice point and slip at a hare,turned her inside out.She caught it once,got knocked off-back at it again, but it made the bracken.Went out onto the heath and bolted one for her with the ferrets-home in time for a bath and candle lit carols this evening!

Merry Chrimbo, Jim

Sounds cracking james...well done.

Thankyou very muchMilo.I forgot to add that when she missed one bunny,she came back to an ungarnished glove,obviously unchuffed at that,(she was too quick for me).Before i could take her jesses,she knocked my hat off and cut my ear! Bloody female goshawks-if it's not the poor dog getting it-it's me!

Jim

Thankyou very muchMilo.I forgot to add that when she missed one bunny,she came back to an ungarnished glove,obviously unchuffed at that,(she was too quick for me).Before i could take her jesses,she knocked my hat off and cut my ear! Bloody female goshawks-if it's not the poor dog getting it-it's me!

Jim

well done Jim sounds like she is on song :thumbs:. think yourself lucky it was only your ear and wasn't your face again mate, she's one foisty bird like a woman on permanent wrong week :laugh:.

Not been out with my male since the last outing to kings lynn, since then he nailed another easy Magpie but thats about it... he's getting 10 - 15 recalls 50 yds across the garden to keep some element of fitness, he blasts back to his bow from the fist and on his way back before I'm ready but then again as you know he has always prided himself with the fist since I have flown him and flys to anyone with the same enthusiasm. I now have him blasting up and down on his running line which helps a bit too.

the land I have in this area in dead beyond comprehension since the bunnies was gassed out, had a few invites out with "Will" which I'll take up after xmas plus Millet will be down somtime in the new year so its flying back on my old stomping ground to hopefully get some sport :victory:....

Have a good xmas aswel as the rest of the lads :drinks:

Jasp

Well after a bad few weeks of crap weather and many attempts at taking phessies with my harris i decided to get back on track with my intended quarry the humble "BUNNIE"..

I took him out yestarday morning for an hour or so locally and we managed to knock one up out of some braken,luckily for the bunnie he made cover ! :icon_redface: ...has my hawk was up in a tree and coulndt see it...

The wife has been on my case with the xmas shopping so i decided to get out when i got home today so i thought just get him out for a little while where i was yestarday its only (2 min) from my house...i boxed clever this time i walked around in the opossite direction and knocked one up out of cover again (not far from where i was yestarday) :boogy: ...Booom my lads on him like a rocket he almost made it to a wall and that would have been IT.... but luck was shining down on me today what a xmas pressie :D

Nice result Milo to see xmas in :thumbs: . would be nice to see the odd bunny around here at the moment without having to ferret them out,,,

Jasp

Jim

well done Jim sounds like she is on song :thumbs:. think yourself lucky it was only your ear and wasn't your face again mate, she's one foisty bird like a woman on permanent wrong week :laugh:.

Not been out with my male since the last outing to kings lynn, since then he nailed another easy Magpie but thats about it... he's getting 10 - 15 recalls 50 yds across the garden to keep some element of fitness, he blasts back to his bow from the fist and on his way back before I'm ready but then again as you know he has always prided himself with the fist since I have flown him and flys to anyone with the same enthusiasm. I now have him blasting up and down on his running line which helps a bit too.

the land I have in this area in dead beyond comprehension since the bunnies was gassed out, had a few invites out with "Will" which I'll take up after xmas plus Millet will be down somtime in the new year so its flying back on my old stomping ground to hopefully get some sport :victory:....

Have a good xmas aswel as the rest of the lads :drinks:

Jasp

Cheers Tony,

Tried to get you on the phone a couple of times to wish you ,Jill and the kids happy Chrimbo.

Got out late today with her, but it was like Piccadilly Circus-if they didn't have kids with them,they had at least one dog each!

Bolted one rabbit by about 2.45pm and i was reluctant to put a ferret back down as i never do after 3.00pm,so came home empty handed.

Out again tommorrow but much earlier methinks,

ATB

Jim

Cheers Tony,

Tried to get you on the phone a couple of times to wish you ,Jill and the kids happy Chrimbo.

Got out late today with her, but it was like Piccadilly Circus-if they didn't have kids with them,they had at least one dog each!

Bolted one rabbit by about 2.45pm and i was reluctant to put a ferret back down as i never do after 3.00pm,so came home empty handed.

ATB

Jim

Having a bit of a mare here at the moment Jim. the estate have decided the back trees beside the aviaries needed trimming, for two days just before xmas I had a guy working a mini digger ripping out the runners from the blackthorn/ Brambles right beside the aviaries, I don't need to tell you how the birds took to it :censored: .

Now been told they will dragging the bits away to the other end of the Garden and burning it all and finally somtime soon coming round with one of them trimmer things to trim the whole lot.

it don't just rain it pours mate :blink:

cheers Tony

Fook the flying side of thing's mate ..if ya need a hand give me a shout.. :yes:

Nice one Bud cheers :thumbs:

went out in the garden the other morning just after putting the Goshawk out to weather to fnd 4 dogs running about down the veg patch, the dogs came from one of the pickers up but I know 100% not one Pheasant came into this boundary, after a few choice words off they went. I have no doubt in my mind the Dogs would have tried to pick my Gos off its Bow perch if he was bateing about. two days after this they're down there with the mini digger along the whole back hedge and trees :censored: .....

time to get the electric fence up and running around my weathering areas :thumbs: ...

Cheers Tony,

ATB

Jim

Having a bit of a mare here at the moment Jim. the estate have decided the back trees beside the aviaries needed trimming, for two days just before xmas I had a guy working a mini digger ripping out the runners from the blackthorn/ Brambles right beside the aviaries, I don't need to tell you how the birds took to it :censored: .

Now been told they will dragging the bits away to the other end of the Garden and burning it all and finally somtime soon coming round with one of them trimmer things to trim the whole lot.

it don't just rain it pours mate :blink:

cheers Tony

Holy bloody smoke Tony.......you'de be best moving from there altogether mate!

That or shoot that bloody keeper-no other rason than to make yourself feel better<g>

Jim