NV monacle with dsa info needed please.

i have both types of nv.pulsar challenger add on is best suited to a scope with side focus parrallax adjustment ( mtc or n/s nighteater for examples ).i set my scope as normal then use a butt pad when add on is fitted.can make it a bit awkward but it is a compromise to be able to use gun day and night,or you would have to have a dedicated gun just for nv.the n550 is alo better imho ,but there is a big price difference.the 550 can be used both day and night and has a digital operation which unlike the pulsar add on which can only be used at night and can burn out if exposed to a bright light.depends on what you want to shoot / distance and your budget .there are regular nv meetings advertised on here .keep an eye out for one near you or ask on forum if anyone near you has one you can try out.hope this helps.atb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those that have used both the merlin and the pulsar addon say the pulsar has the edge, Though both are good for upto .22lr. With the digtal 550 you are limited to either 4.5mag or 7.5 mag with a suplimentary lens.Remember the 550 sites up high on the rifle often requiring adjustment to the stock to get any cheek weld.

In the same price bracket is the atn night spirit gen2+ addon.

Edited by stillair1