Does anybody have a working miniature or small jack russell?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IVE NEVER OWNED A RUSSLE bud but been around enough terriers over the years not to write a pipe cleaner off wont bore you with tales of daring do but there are little terriers out there worth their

ive had a few small russells back in the day. and some of them where very handy. same as the bigger ones some are better than others. but even the poorer ones could get to and bolt a fox. if used righ

hi mate i would have thought 9 inch is a little on the small side, i think they call em teacup russels if there is such a thing lol if i was you i would look for some thing about 12 to 13 inch if you

i posted a pic of a nine inch russell in old type russells. and she was from the pytchley hunt also. she worked to ground but was to light and couldnt hold them.

exact reason i will never own one

so all terriers have to be big and hard hold till dug too , i wish it was as simple as that , wish i had a key that fitted all me locks aswell ;)

everyone has there own opinion on what terriers they want to keep in there kennals and mine is that il keep big dogs over some 9 inch little shit of a dog

i posted a pic of a nine inch russell in old type russells. and she was from the pytchley hunt also. she worked to ground but was to light and couldnt hold them.

so all terriers have to be big and hard hold till dug too , i wish it was as simple as that , wish i had a key that fitted all me locks aswell ;)

everyone has there own opinion on what terriers they want to keep in there kennals and mine is that il keep big dogs over some 9 inch little shit of a dog

Quite agree, everyone has there own opinions on what they keep, i probabley havent had as small a dog since him but it doesnt stop me admiring them in there work. Horses for courses i would say.

Had a few lakeland bitches that were may be in the smallish class, most could hold there own and were very handy in small places out on the hill where a big terrier may as well have been left at home.

LL.

you must have encounterd every situation please for give my lack of knowledge ;)

you must have encounterd every situation please for give my lack of knowledge ;)

:feck:

do you only keep the one TM
  • Like 1
2011-06-29_10-19-57_168.jpg This is my little JRT , 11" at the shoulder, spans at 12.5" and weighs 12lbs, good nose , works a smart distance, good all rounder, been on coon (above and below), possum, and small enough to get the groundhogs. I'd have no second thoughts about putting him in the ground with a fox. Ive more pics posted of him doing his work on the old fashioned jrt thread

2011-06-29_10-19-57_168.jpg This is my little JRT , 11" at the shoulder, spans at 12.5" and weighs 12lbs, good nose , works a smart distance, good all rounder, been on coon (above and below), possum, and small enough to get the groundhogs. I'd have no second thoughts about putting him in the ground with a fox. Ive more pics posted of him doing his work on the old fashioned jrt thread

KEN JAMES BRED HASTINGS

KEN JAMES BRED HASTINGS

down from alun thomas stuff ...? i`m getting shit with names gto can you remember a fella called derek clarkin disley stockport way 80`s ?

KEN JAMES BRED HASTINGS

down from alun thomas stuff ...? i`m getting shit with names gto can you remember a fella called derek clarkin disley stockport way 80`s ?

what about chris hickling heard he bred some good stuff over the years

do you only keep the one TM

WTF you talking about now

KEN JAMES BRED HASTINGS

what about chris hickling heard he bred some good stuff over the years

you heard right -- bred down from ken gould stuff ... dont know if he`s in it in such a big way these days not heard of him for a while .