I am a cheeky cnut i know

But I have just made myself a knife out of mirror scraper steel with a black buffalo handle and although I am producing a decent blade , my leatherwork skills are somewhat shall I say not very good or practically non existant.

The other thing is my arse makes a funny sound when i walk its rather tight.

Is the anyone out there who is prepared to make me a decent sheath if I give a piccy of the knife and sizes at a cheap rate or I could even provide a gratis stalk in payment for your much needed skills.

I told you I was a cheeky cnut :icon_eek: but if you dont ask you dont get is my motto :icon_redface:

Stu

Edited by Caprelous

I have had some stalking knifes over the years but this scraper mirror steels is something else hard as hell and holds an edge like i have never seen before. It appears to be the same steel as used on cut throat razors, once an edge is on it it only needs a quick work over with an old timer schrade.

Just need the sheath for it now .

ebayitems011-1.jpg

ebayitems010-1.jpg

ebayitems009-1.jpg

ebayitems013-1.jpg

ebayitems012.jpg

What all this then? You can't be serious? Surely you're not calling time on that Puma White Hunter of yours after all these years?

What would old Panshine say? Retiring the old trusty sword of justice................................... well I'll go to the foot of our stairs. :laugh:

Edited by gerfalcon

What is a mirror scraper steel?

M

Its very hard german steel Martin containing exceptional high carbon and chromium used in the making of Kruap cut throat razors and in the use of cutting tools on lathes and scrapers in the re boring of and remanufacturing of engines.

Exceptionally hard to work an edge on but once an edge has been obtain by careful grinding and quenching on each pass the final edge after working up on a old timer schrade only requires gentle stropping to maintain its cutting edge.

Hope this answers your query

Stu

Edited by Caprelous

M

Its very hard german steel Martin containing exceptional high carbon and chromium used in the making of Kruap cut throat razors and in the use of cutting tools on lathes and scrapers in the re boring of and remanufacturing of engines.

Exceptionally hard to work an edge on but once an edge has been obtain by careful grinding and quenching on each pass the final edge after working up on a old timer schrade only requires gentle stropping to maintain its cutting edge.

Stu

i have an old timer schrade its a grollaching knife... cant understand what you mean when you say working it ?????? how ??????? an what ??????

M

Stu

i have an old timer schrade its a grollaching knife... cant understand what you mean when you say working it ?????? how ??????? an what ??????

Its like this mate but made by the firm Old Timer I have had it for a few years though now not sure if they are still available from the USA now but iThese are a replica

http://www.ebay.com/...1d#ht_500wt_949

and the real thing

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2eb958a69f

This is the real Mccoy but shhhhhshhhhhhh dont tell anyone as they will be all after it :D:icon_eek:

Edited by Caprelous

M

Stu

Its like this mate but made by the firm Old Timer I have had it for a few years though now not sure if they are still available from the USA now but iThese are a replica

http://www.ebay.com/...1d#ht_500wt_949

and the real thing

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2eb958a69f

This is the real Mccoy but shhhhhshhhhhhh dont tell anyone as they will be all after it :D:icon_eek:

any ideas were i could purchase one of those old timer steels from ?? please