whippet x greyhounds are useless ?

this is the dog i asked about now 16 month but about 14month in pics i have no doubts what so ever about this dog now she is turning into a good little dog good strike fast jumps retrieves and most importantly catches rabbits no problem she is used for lamping and does a good job cheers cassie611.jpgcassie610.jpg

You forgot something mate, she is a cracking looker also.

Thanks dogmagic 4 the advice. Just started my grey/whippet/bed, all going well at the mo but just been going off a mates advice as only just getting into the sport myself. Mine doesn't always see what I see at the end of the lamp, any tips or is this just 2 be expected? I always walk him up as close as poss and try 2 choose nights carefully

Thanks dogmagic 4 the advice. Just started my grey/whippet/bed, all going well at the mo but just been going off a mates advice as only just getting into the sport myself. Mine doesn't always see what I see at the end of the lamp, any tips or is this just 2 be expected? I always walk him up as close as poss and try 2 choose nights carefully

Your welcome mate. How old is yours? They do just "get it" eventually. Keep getting as close as you can before slipping. And dont slip untill the rabbit moves. You should feel the lead go tight as his body stiffens as he sees it. If you have a mate with an experienced dog it would be good to go just for your dog to watch.

Your welcome mate. How old is yours? They do just "get it" eventually. Keep getting as close as you can before slipping. And dont slip untill the rabbit moves. You should feel the lead go tight as his body stiffens as he sees it. If you have a mate with an experienced dog it would be good to go just for your dog to watch.

do they all just get it eventually? cos mine still touch and go wether he runs the beam to find it or not cos most nights i cant get very close to them round my way

do they all just get it eventually? cos mine still touch and go wether he runs the beam to find it or not cos most nights i cant get very close to them round my way

No, they wont "just" get it eventually mate. You gotta put effort in, teach them and persevere. If you do that then yes they will get it eventually

No, they wont "just" get it eventually mate. You gotta put effort in, teach them and persevere. If you do that then yes they will get it eventually

i am putting effort in mate, he just aint too sharp on running the beam atm, just hoping thatll improve