Hunting Literature?

Can anyone help? My old man has followed the Zetland Foxhounds all of his life, both on horseback and on foot. I'm thinking of getting him a book about foxhunting for Christmas instead of the usual socks and bottle of whisky! If anyone knows some of the best books that are kicking about for me to get him that would be great. I'm hoping someone on here will have read a few and know which one to go for!

Thanks for any help. ATB

TW

I've read plenty from nowadays to one that was 160 years old. I had one bought for me as a present of e-bay that's 100 years old called "Of horn and hound."

Personally if I was buying a present for someone who follows hounds I'd get them a subscription to "Hounds" magazine. It's very good.

• Like 1

daphne moore the "book of the foxhound" :yes::thumbs: "hunt and working terriers" captain jocelyn m. lucas m.c. for something different and memories of yesteryear for him. :victory:

not about hunting but village life "me dads the village blacksmith" and "following me dad" alf strange are brilliant reads about yesteryear in shropshire well worth a look. :thumbs:

Can anyone help? My old man has followed the Zetland Foxhounds all of his life, both on horseback and on foot. I'm thinking of getting him a book about foxhunting for Christmas instead of the usual socks and bottle of whisky! If anyone knows some of the best books that are kicking about for me to get him that would be great. I'm hoping someone on here will have read a few and know which one to go for!

Thanks for any help. ATB

TW

GET HIM A YEAR SUBSCRIPTION OF HOUND MAGAZINE