saluki grey

i reckon if you borrow her dog and it gets f****d up out lamping then you are never getting your nuts wet. i think you can see if it gets on with your dog but i wouldn't run it unless it is yours. just my opinion, oh and this thread is worthless without pics. The 2nd opinion is useful coz do you know the questions to ask and the things to look for?

All you can do is try. Dont let its history or age put you off. Its only a year old. I wouldnt start a dog on serious work till that age or older anyway. Especially a saluki x as they mature slower than most. If you do get it, spend 2 weeks taking it everywhere with you to get some sort of bond started then take it out ferreting. See how it goes. If alls ok i would start on the lamp around xmas time.

lol i arent shagging her for a saluki grey lol.

No mate she sounded desperate to get shut to be fair mate.

lol well what ever you do mate keep us posted take your time and have a good think about it best of luck mate

All you can do is try. Dont let its history or age put you off. Its only a year old. I wouldnt start a dog on serious work till that age or older anyway. Especially a saluki x as they mature slower than most. If you do get it, spend 2 weeks taking it everywhere with you to get some sort of bond started then take it out ferreting. See how it goes. If alls ok i would start on the lamp around xmas time.

yer a year old nowt is it thats why i was thinking seriously about it.

Its recall ect is spot on she says ect.

Think it might just be worth a punt

teeth - underbite, scissor bite etc, feet - cat or hare footed, pelvis or hips, movement,. length of loin. eyes - clear and not runny, looking wormy, too much muscle on the front and nothing on the back showing it pulls on a lead for its living and might have overstretched itself . can't remember if its a dog ot bitch but balls or when its season is due or has been. what its fed, what its coat is like - scury or shiny. is it timid is it a yapper. what's she trained it to do - any basic recall. Just to start with

fu*k me posh p***y i no a few things to look for but not everything you listed there you should come wi me dont forget she has just split wi her bloke we might all get a bash lol.

Plus in her point of view i"m taking this dog on as a pet!!!! so cant really ask too much.

I think with close enough inspection you can tell what condition a dogs in though.

its a dog too mate

also bear in mind that salukis are notorious for their f**k-you attitude just when you want to go home or are late for work and they decide that another hour or two would be good. you need to work out how to think like a saluki no matter how weird it gets!

Best of luck with it - theres plenty your neck of the woods on here who i am sure would come have a look. some people get proper weird about their dogs being a "hunting breed" so it might be best not to mention the work.

some will say that a lack of testosterone will drop his prey drive but its nothing to do with hormones its to do with whats in his head. otherwise no one would run a bitch, see if you can bond with the dog - if it trusts you - has the right frame and mind then its got potential. i didn't run my saluki x for over a year - they take time to mature so it might be she has done the hard bit for you and you won't have to worry about the insanity a sapling brings.

hi there matey have not txt u bk coz my phone has bin f****d up hows the dog going we will have to sort a night out soon

yer its good mate f****d her leg couple o weeks ago lamping her hock swelled up quite badly she sliced the skin just under it.

had her to the vets she seems like shes coming ok though.

Had a chance for a saluki grey the other night free to a good home only a year old was gonna get her we have the room like so i thought why not.

Shes not a worker though but could have it in her might take the gamble.

Hows yours doing buddy??

yer we"ll sort a night out deffo buddy.

glad she is comein on 4 u bud all my dogs r good thanks mate bin doing well with the saluki x the black bitch is on rest at the mo she has done her leg in as well but she will be ready next week hope so anyway my phone is bk workin now mate so i will drop u a txt our something atb with her bud dont kill them all