smoking barrel on diana 280

just wondering if any of you could tell me whether a smoking barrel would affect anything? the gun still accurate as when i first had it, but i greased the ball on the catch, and could see abit of grease around where the air travels from and into the barrel, wiped it with my finger and no i having a gun that smokes? iv cleaned my barrel numerous times, still happens and theres no dieseling either..? any ideas?? haha

im been shooting the living daylights out of it lol just keeps smoking and smoking..aslong as it doesnt f**k the gun up i dont mind really, just a really nice gun to shoot, lug about and look at , but you break the barrel again and a puff of smoke ..getting on my tits lol thanks anyway...off out with trusty diana tonight..fingers crossed.

The little bit of dieseling from the grease in the breach end of the barrel you describe is highly unlikely to cause any damage to the internals.

My guess is that when you wiped the grease off the part with your finger is that a little grease transfered to either the transfer port on the action side or a little went into the grooves of the rifling. If it's the latter, then the grease is being heated up by the pellet as the friction causes the heat. The heat is probably not causing the grease to ignite as such so it will take a fair time to disperse all of what ramains. I'm having deiseling so badly with my HW Black Star that I'm limited to 50 rounds a go because the fumes are giving me head ache (the joys of indoor shooting eh!)

Tony

• Like 1