i am thinking of getting a pair of Yukon digital Ranger 5x 42 for spotting, will i be ok spotting game or will i need some thing better i have read a lot of posts on here NV is like a mind field hen looking into it..atb jack

What distance are you looking to spot game?

I would recommend attaching a good laser IR to it as the onboard optical IR is very limited in range realistically. With my laser IR attached I can pick out a fox at 300 yards without any real problem, and up to 400 yards in best conditions.

I would like to see a digital yukon ranger view 300 yrds and identify a fox :icon_eek: Jack68 do yourself a favour and look through one before you decide to buy as you will be disapointed if you're hoping to see a fox at 300 yrds, you will be lucky to identify anything at 150yrds let alone the distances stated by others.

Camo how far can you see with your ranger with the laser ?

Nightman i don't have it anymore i use a Envis and 3x lens with a N2000, but you may see 300 yards with N1000 on a good night short grass and on a bad night as with all nv gear distance drops very quick. As for the little black n white picture you see never really did it for me. I have used both the pro and the standard for the money diff IF i was getting another it would be the standard with N1000