Antique Collectables, General Collecting

anything weird or macabre, my favourite being very old blacksmith made prison shackles, ww2 gas mask

also sci fi figurines

and im also collecting old cast iron pots an pans and old woodworking tools

id like to collect some victorian medical equipment

pm jim3201. he has or had a load of star wars stuff all in boxes. you name anything to do with starwars and he has it and it was up for sale when i last spoke to him. :thumbs:

im not a huge starwars fan but ANY startrek figurines or models id go daft for

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone collect or deal in antiques or just general collecting?   I quite like old coins and antique silver.   Anyone ?

I collect lapel badges anything to do with hunt clubs . fox .hare .stag. mink.otter also working terrier and coursing clubs.wildfowling

the arse has just about fell out of everthing in this game --- but if your looking for gear to sell on have a look round the boot sales for signed oil and water colour paintings are always worth a gam

anything weird or macabre, my favourite being very old blacksmith made prison shackles, ww2 gas mask

also sci fi figurines

and im also collecting old cast iron pots an pans and old woodworking tools

id like to collect some victorian medical equipment

pm jim3201. he has or had a load of star wars stuff all in boxes. you name anything to do with starwars and he has it and it was up for sale when i last spoke to him. :thumbs:

im not a huge starwars fan but ANY startrek figurines or models id go daft for

il have a word when i see him as he had a few startreck bits n bobs too but not sure what he was doing with them

the arse has just about fell out of everthing in this game --- but if your looking for gear to sell on have a look round the boot sales for signed oil and water colour paintings are always worth a gamble -- old boxing - greyhound or horse racing memorabilia ..crown derby imari pattern pottery .antique jewelery, and rare vynal albums, anything w1 or ww2 or masonic , upto 1980 sports club enamal badges football club and football supporters club badges, old fishing reals , and railway memorabillia .. are all things you can make a few quid on .. i recentley picked up a 1950s amutuer football club supporters badge for 20 pence at a car boot it sold on ebay for £120 ..

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 1

the arse has just about fell out of everthing in this game --- but if your looking for gear to sell on have a look round the boot sales for signed oil and water colour paintings are always worth a gamble -- old boxing - greyhound or horse racing memorabilia ..crown derby imari pattern pottery .antique jewelery, and rare vynal albums, anything w1 or ww2 or masonic , upto 1980 sports club enamal badges football club and football supporters club badges, old fishing reals , and railway memorabillia .. are all things you can make a few quid on .. i recentley picked up a 1950s amutuer football club supporters badge for 20 pence at a car boot it sold on ebay for £120 ..

I think its ebay where the money is, the world wide audience and avid collectors who will pay over the nail for what they want.

I have a matchbox (brass type material) at the minute circa 1920's with a hand painted greyhound/lurcher on front. Has the actual pull style matches still in the box that are familiar with that era. Id sell for the right price :whistling:

I think its ebay where the money is, the world wide audience and avid collectors who will pay over the nail for what they want.

I have a matchbox (brass type material) at the minute circa 1920's with a hand painted greyhound/lurcher on front. Has the actual pull style matches still in the box that are familiar with that era. Id sell for the right price :whistling:

i could sell you a few .. sometimes ebays good for things like you say a bigger audience .. most auction houses now have internet links .. if you put say a 9ct gold parker pen on ebay chances are they`ll be 4 others you put the same pen into auction it`ll be the only one and that makes it a bit more special .. i`ve found the trick is knowing what and when to place where every item i sell as a time and a place be it ebay ,,auction,, flea market ,,antique fair ,, car boot,,its knowing when n where ..i have customers that come to me to stock cabinets,shops or to sell on my biggest customers are ebay dealers -- dont be greedy leave a bit of profit in it for them and they`ll keep coming back .. :thumbs:
  • Like 1

i could sell you a few .. sometimes ebays good for things like you say a bigger audience .. most auction houses now have internet links .. if you put say a 9ct gold parker pen on ebay chances are they`ll be 4 others you put the same pen into auction it`ll be the only one and that makes it a bit more special .. i`ve found the trick is knowing what and when to place where every item i sell as a time and a place be it ebay ,,auction,, flea market ,,antique fair ,, car boot,,its knowing when n where ..i have customers that come to me to stock cabinets,shops or to sell on my biggest customers are ebay dealers -- dont be greedy leave a bit of profit in it for them and they`ll keep coming back .. :thumbs:

I think thats the trick, making sure everyone gets their cut and thus happy recurring custom.

I think thats the trick, making sure everyone gets their cut and thus happy recurring custom.

sprat to catch a mackeral :yes: