a litttle advice on the METEOR please guys

i was out in the garden having a plink when i thought to myself aint this a little bit loud.....

the meteor in question came to me after being used by one man for 9 year..... not sure too much of his background with it ..... it seems a litte loud in a twangy sort of sense if you understand me dont get me wrong it fulfls my needs but do you think it may be orth a run down the shop with..... aso how do you advise me to clean my barrel

once again thanks for engaging in the post and happy hunting

Spring guns are, by their very nature loud, much louder to the shooter because your ear is so close to the stock and the sound of the action carries very well to your eardrum. Both through your ear and through your cheek and bones.

It may just require a strip down and relube to reduce or even stop the 'Twang', but it will still be loud to the person firing it :yes: You can dampen it to some extent, but you will never fully silence it.

Regarding cleaning the barrel.

Get some baby wipes or even strip of old rag, thread a piece of string/fishing line with a loop at on end down the muzzle (of course don't cock the thing! I've seen someone do that!) once the loop clears the breach, put in the rag/wipe or whatever and pull the lot back through the barrel.

Repeat until cloth/wip/rag is comming out clean.

Or you could always buy yourself a rather expensive cleaning kit.

Tony