Question for collie x guys

Hi I have a collie x grey/whippet 12months old ,ive had dogs for close to 25yrs this is the first collie x before i got her everybody i talked to said easy to train will want to learn, well its like teaching a pig to knit.....she ignores me wont come to treats and if i show any annoyance shes gone ive never hit her.

She has a hatred for my gamefowl and runner ducks that i cant break but is a1 with all livestock in the field shes ok on the lamp only been out 3 times and had a couple lamp off and shes back but daytime working and at home shes what i can only describe as a t**t. Do they all go through this stage as ive nearly had enough ive never got rid of a dog before but shes getting close. Any ideas welcome.

regards brassring

hi mate mines 2 and through the day is a fkn nightmare!!take him on the lamp and he is awesome out and in no probs retreives are excellent!! but day time he is absolutley hopeless i just feel like walkin away and leaving him when he gets his day head on..its really embarrasing getting on your hands and knees in front of the boys squalking like a lassie to try and get him in when he decides to come back!! my solution for me......yep you guessed it i just take him lamping it least he looks like a pro doing this :icon_redface:

at 12 months still a pup. my 3/4 cross didnt fully mature till around 18 mths. I guess there all different. my old boy 1/2 cross was dream to have, but picked his runs. guess you cant have it all and have to live rthere foibles.

Hi I have a collie x grey/whippet 12months old ,ive had dogs for close to 25yrs this is the first collie x before i got her everybody i talked to said easy to train will want to learn, well its like teaching a pig to knit.....she ignores me wont come to treats and if i show any annoyance shes gone ive never hit her.

She has a hatred for my gamefowl and runner ducks that i cant break but is a1 with all livestock in the field shes ok on the lamp only been out 3 times and had a couple lamp off and shes back but daytime working and at home shes what i can only describe as a t**t. Do they all go through this stage as ive nearly had enough ive never got rid of a dog before but shes getting close. Any ideas welcome.

regards brassring

have you tried working her energy up through the use of a tug item, a dog will respond to energy far quicker than treats ,a dog hooked on tug play will become an easily managed mutt,,and if you can get her to play tug in or around the fowl that problem will sort itself out too,,if you can follow this thinking

When the dog gets charged up by the sight of the fowl,,she needs to get rid of that energy from her system,to get back to calm again,at the minute she does this by chasing and bothering the fowl,,,now if you can give her another avenue to release that energy into ,the tug toy for instance,,the dog will begin seeing you as a form of energy release, and will undergo a process which make her more attracted to you not the fowl,,

hi guys thanks for your replys ive been away for a few days,the bitch waits till i open the kennel and slips out no fuss no warning just finds the birds and chops them,shes out all the time with me on the farms and moors where i work so she gets rid of her energy i think ill keep her as an out and out lamper thanks again guys and happy hunting this season.