AUTUMN SHOW AT EAST OF ENGLAND SHOWGROUND

hy chook i dont think people expect it round the rings the lurcher show and events were fine as they were. we are talking about the show away from rings with all the stalls and other things .years ago there used to be a lot of feildsport stalls and countryside type stalls at this show .

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some pictures of peterborough weekend.   https://picasaweb.google.com/111192008996311547239/Peterborough#

Thanks Penny,The points sheets will be back next year and also I now have extra help.Hope your book sold well at Peterborough.

i was happy, i had a good day, i know solos in fit conditions, and was proud of my young black bitch winning the open show, thank you

Can I just say a big thank you to everyone who came along and supported us and especially the team LL who worked their socks off to try and keep the Lurcher bit up to the high standards set by the EELC. :notworthy: Although we've had a "presence" at the show for years now, this is the first year we've actually had a hand in the organisation and I hope we pulled it off.

If there's anything you feel could've been better / different / any suggestions at all, please let me know and I'll pass it on to the team. We do have a couple of ideas about new things next time, but all ideas are welcome - we are limited as to what stalls / space we can have though.

The Supreme Championship judging was done independently of LL, but I can pass on your comments about that too if you want.

Nice to see some familiar faces there ;)

LL

Can I just say a big thank you to everyone who came along and supported us and especially the team LL who worked their socks off to try and keep the Lurcher bit up to the high standards set by the EELC. :notworthy: Although we've had a "presence" at the show for years now, this is the first year we've actually had a hand in the organisation and I hope we pulled it off.

If there's anything you feel could've been better / different / any suggestions at all, please let me know and I'll pass it on to the team. We do have a couple of ideas about new things next time, but all ideas are welcome - we are limited as to what stalls / space we can have though.

The Supreme Championship judging was done independently of LL, but I can pass on your comments about that too if you want.

Nice to see some familiar faces there ;)

LL

hi you all done a great job and its nice to see you asking for suggestion which is great for next year long may it live on

lurcherlass you and your lot did a brilliant show just a pity about the stalls which is nothing to do with you but more the organisers but hopefully they will get it back to how it used to be ..on the showing a lot of people prefered the old way of judging the champion of champions because it was a unique way that no one else used and just about the most fair and honest way of getting 4 differant judges to pick a champion of champions .but dont worry about it because its you and lurcherlink who do all the hard work so just carry on doing a very worthwhile cause .cheers john.

lurcherlass you and your lot did a brilliant show just a pity about the stalls which is nothing to do with you but more the organisers but hopefully they will get it back to how it used to be ..on the showing a lot of people prefered the old way of judging the champion of champions because it was a unique way that no one else used and just about the most fair and honest way of getting 4 differant judges to pick a champion of champions .but dont worry about it because its you and lurcherlink who do all the hard work so just carry on doing a very worthwhile cause .cheers john.

To right john the old way was unique and very fair hope it goes back there was a lot of unhappey talk around the ring for the champs of champs (juges pointing and talking dont look good out side the ring ) lucher link you done a great job regs steve

Hi it's Pat here from Somerset,who put on THE BRITISH SUPREME LURCHER CHAMPIONSHIP for the first time this year.

Having won this championship in 2004 and joint reserve in 2007 with the same dog I feel I must say a few words.

Back in 2004 the poor reserve dog and owner had this taken away from them as the points did'nt add up right and in 2007 some points went missing and it was to late to recall the 2 dogs back,and last year was also abit of a mess with one score sheet.

Ionly did it this way because I had very limited time and I was on my own.

I also gave the sashes,rosettes,trophies and half of the medals to all the dogs which added up to over £100 not counting my patrol to get up there well over £100

This year I put on 3 other lurcher shows one in Dorset and 2 in Somerset which included THE SOUTH WEST SUPREME LURCHER CHAMPIONSHIP AND also THE 21" and UNDER CHAMPIONSHIP which now it's in it's 5th year

Thanks everyone, Pat from SOMERSET LURCHERS,

• Like 1

Pat: I think you did a brilliant job: I know what a nightmare it was to contact all the qualifying member, verify their qualifying status with the relevant show organisers, not to mention the tension whilst waiting to see if the qualifiers did actually arrive at the show on time!

I don't think there is any right or wrong way to do this event: the only way I could see it working with score sheets would be to do away with the marks out of tenor twenty or whatever it was for so many different categories: feet, condition, movement etc etc. But to give each judge a sheet with the dogs' numbers on it and give the judges just one score to make per dog: out of ten, that way there would be few numbers to add up and less margin for error. So in theory, if the dog had less than brilliant feet, you'd deduct a point or two, if its condition was soft, another point and so on. Just an idea.

Pat: I think you did a brilliant job: I know what a nightmare it was to contact all the qualifying member, verify their qualifying status with the relevant show organisers, not to mention the tension whilst waiting to see if the qualifiers did actually arrive at the show on time!

I don't think there is any right or wrong way to do this event: the only way I could see it working with score sheets would be to do away with the marks out of tenor twenty or whatever it was for so many different categories: feet, condition, movement etc etc. But to give each judge a sheet with the dogs' numbers on it and give the judges just one score to make per dog: out of ten, that way there would be few numbers to add up and less margin for error. So in theory, if the dog had less than brilliant feet, you'd deduct a point or two, if its condition was soft, another point and so on. Just an idea.

Thanks Penny,The points sheets will be back next year and also I now have extra help.Hope your book sold well at Peterborough.

• Like 2

pat the show and champion of champions ran like clockwork and showed all the hard preparation that went in to it in fairness everyone has said what a great day and show it was but a few were expecting same format and preferred the old way but at the end of the day the ones doing all the work call the shots and rightly so thats how it should be ..running a show similar to judging easy to critise but in this case i dont think it was critism but more of people expecting to see the old way of scoring .and disapointed when it was not .hope your well john .

thats great news the points sheets are back next year well done pat its a great show roll on next year

a had a graet day a had big black dog in champion a champions he was put out 4 a think good day but would have liked to race him to these things happen am shoure it will get sorted well done evryone a hate seeing people walking out ring with door faces be happy to be in it a never ran ma dog for 4 days dident want him injured just gave him a lot of free runing that dog that won must be solid under that coat cause a now ma dog was so well done to winer and reserve