The owner is only interested in & has only ever kept show dogs.

if this person reveals who they are then maybe the owner will invite you out to see the little bitch work, I know for a fact she is a good worker I have been out with them and other dogs she has owned have been good grafters aswl, she probley just doesn't feel the need to brag about it...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From Louise Croucher I have just looked on this forum and am totally gobsmacked that a public forum is bing used to slander me i am the person Louise Croucher who won the Midland show with my bitch i

All Bede/whippet/Greys will work if you want em too, RB bred 19 of the 40 odd dogs in the final and as the man sez he bred the four in the final line up, hats off to the man I say.

As the judge in this particular show has said; it's virtualy impossible to tell a "worker" from a "Non-worker". But when alls said and done, the Lurcher show scene is riddled with corruption !! I'm no

Posted Images

As the judge in this particular show has said; it's virtualy impossible to tell a "worker" from a "Non-worker". But when alls said and done, the Lurcher show scene is riddled with corruption !! I'm not saying that's the case in this particular show, but I've seen it so often, I don't bother with shows now, unless it's to meet some old pals ! Far to many "judges" look at the owner, rather than the dog. Some dogs make a name for themselves in the field, others in the show ring, others in the racing. There is the odd dog that does well in all aspects, but they are few and far between !!! I doubt that this dog in question does a hard seasons work; but if the owner gets it out, has a few chases, and wins at the the shows, and is happy with what they do; then why should any one moan about it ?? You can take shows two ways....Be a rossette hunter, or go along for the laugh; it shouldn't worry you what the other person does !!

Cheers.

• Like 3

I haven't a clue who "Roley" is, and never even suspected you were a "Pest Controler"! Perhaps your definition of "worker" and mine may wildly differ !! But, what the hell, you show your dogs.....I'll work mine, Good luck in the future !

Cheers.

sory that wasnt aimed at you, they can do both, whos to say they cant

Of course they can both work and show ! I've shown my old bitch Delta with some sucess, but I know for a fact she won't have any sucess at NLRC or any of the "Championship" shows !! You have to be one of the "clique" to have any chance at these shows !! I have a Deer/Grey that I may show next year, any judge who knows dogs would probably give her a chance, but I don't expect anything ! There's one or two shows I may put her in where I think the judge/commitee are fair, but mostly she'll be doing what she was bred for "

Cheers.

the bitch in my avatar i bred myself. as a pup i showed her 13 times and she won 13 times and 12 championships and one runner up she also worked day and night on all quarry .i retired her at 2yr old because of foot injuries in this time she also got through to a 16 dog coursing final on the big land. this was the last lurcher i i showed of my own it was nine year ago now.so to say show dogs dont work is rubbish some people do both and do it well.but even if they just show that is entirely up to them its their dog and they feed it but ime with chartpolksi on the point theres working them and then theres workers. two entirely differant scenarios .but if the owner enjoys what they do with their dog whether its racing showing and or working it whats the problem as long as their looking after it who gives a shit .

• Like 1

the bitch in my avatar i bred myself. as a pup i showed her 13 times and she won 13 times and 12 championships and one runner up she also worked day and night on all quarry .i retired her at 2yr old because of foot injuries in this time she also got through to a 16 dog coursing final on the big land. this was the last lurcher i i showed of my own it was nine year ago now.so to say show dogs dont work is rubbish some people do both and do it well.but even if they just show that is entirely up to them its their dog and they feed it but ime with chartpolksi on the point theres working them and then theres workers. two entirely differant scenarios .but if the owner enjoys what they do with their dog whether its racing showing and or working it whats the problem as long as their looking after it who gives a shit .

well said boyo spot on donot know why they are keeping on must have time on there hands lol not mud

Dear oh dear! I hope everyone who has been so nasty feels really proud of themselves!

Well done to Louise, well done to Nell, and well done to all the other descendants of Spyder, Ghost, and Phantom.

The above mentioned dogs all work/worked. Spyders father was Spud, the most consistent coursing winner over two seasons in east anglia. Ghost is from Spyder by a track record holding Greyhound, and two of her pups went to Joe and Nell, and one went to the Chairman of the Waterloo cup.

I doubt very much, all of you who habitually run down other people's dogs, have anything better to do. Cheer up eh? Or stay away from the keyboard!

• Like 3

thomps if everyone outside the ring was judging there would be a lot of differant winners. its a lot differant when your handling and examining the dogs yourself and with the class of dog that the majority in that ring was there was not much to choose between winners and losers .but the winner is a class little lurcher in fit hard condition. and on the day 2 judges thought it was worthy of champion of champions. so well done to the dog and its owner .