stoppers

have you tyred restricting the dog to just lead walking for a few weeks and strap

the stoppers up will that bandage used on horses some one on here will know what its called

but don't be in a rush as they take a long time to heal

good luck luke

have you tyred restricting the dog to just lead walking for a few weeks and strap

the stoppers up will that bandage used on horses some one on here will know what its called

but don't be in a rush as they take a long time to heal

good luck luke

thats what i am useing its called power flex :victory: i layed it up for a month

looked to be perfectly healed first run of the lead bang its open again

could it be possible that it appears be healed on the outside but still healing

on the inside :hmm:

Guest lamper/gatherer

hi luke,just asked a good friend of mine,who is a vet,about your problem,she said use the power flex but do not let your dog off for at least 8 weeks,its such a slow healing progress,in such a awkward area,you can also put healing powder on or what i always use the purple vet spray (cant remember name)what they use on sheep,keeps the flies away too.Basically rest your dog.dont be too eager :yes:

lamper/gatherer QUOTE-or what i always use the purple vet spray (cant remember name)what they use on sheep,keeps the flies away too.

Alamycin aerosol-indicated for the treatment of foot rot and topical infections in cattle,

sheep and pigs.

Guest lamper/gatherer

not that one this one for cuts and abrasions on dogs,sheep etc about £4 from vets.keep a can in shed at all times. :yes:

Edited by lamper/gatherer
my lurcher tore her stopper about 3 month a go

wont nit properly seems to heal but one run and its

open again .useing power flex now to stop it opening.

any sugestions :victory:

i had the same problem with one of my lurchers.i tried everything but it would always open back up no matter how long you left it and what you put on it.best thing i done was to get it cut off :victory: