pigeons for ferrets info wanted

nivek65

was out tonight and the dog managed to catch a pigeon from the undergrowth, thought i would give it to ma 2 young jills, well when a dropped it in the cage one of them just about sh-t its self, and they both did nor seem keen, after a while they started to eat it, is this normal for them to be kinda wary at first, this is the first time they have had a full pigeon, usually feed them alpha ferret food, and chicken legs.

cheers

they prob just didnt no [bANNED TEXT] to do way it u need to let them smell the meat i feed my ferrets on nothing but rabbit an pigeons great way off putting weight onto ur ferret more like there natural diet than dry food

thanks, bud, when a put the chicken in they just about take the bowl out of ma hand lol, will keep them on meat for a while,

hi again mate one thing to think about though is that the pigeon could have been pricked with a shotgun hece the reason that it was easily caught and lead shot will definately not do yer ferrets any good

not been shot bud, think a cat has had a go at it first and then the dog finished it off, just checked the hutch and not much left now, so they must be enjoying it lol ;)

I got told off numerous people that they will pick the shot out.. and if they miss a bit it passes straight through them, I dont know how true the second bit is but the first bit is very true as all my pigeons are shot with an airrifle (therfor only 1 pellet) and theres always the pellet either on the floor after theyve messed up there hutches or in the corner out the way.

about them being wary, yea my kits were wary of everything I put in but now they totally demolish pigeon, id love to know how they put the whole thing away just between 2 small jills.

the males however they wernt and dived straight in, though they are alot slower eaters.. older though so i figur its because they know they dont have to fight for there food any more