mad fox snare

Her we go again :censored: .The lad asked for advice and people chuck abuse at him.He will never learn to snare foxes if he does not try and there is a few people on here who can give him the advice he needs,which will help him learn to snare them properly.I thought the idea of this forum was to help people out not slag them off :censored:

Well said bigeddie...... The snarers are far and two beetween,,, if youve got it youve got it ,,, it aint an easy game,,, Ive snared a few bunnys / foxes in my day,,,, but take heed of the Guys who actually do it 24/7....I think I can snare 1 or 2 in my day ,, but we live and learn full..........................................

He did not ask for advice, He was simply letting us know of his catch. To tell you the truth i just cannot understand the way some people function. He is running a fox snare and he thinks a peice of Bootlace with hold a very angry destressed fox, It may have but we have to take into consideration is this really fare for the Fox. As there is a definate possibility the Lace will be chewed off, leaving a locked snare around its neck

Before I even picked up the wires I got in contact with Woodga and i got the advice i needed to do it properly.

So the question is, Mate why on earth would you use a peice of bootlace on a fox snare.

But having said this, lets look at it from a positive perspective. Did you snare the fox around the neck? if so take note of the run and the height you set the snare and also the size of the loop you set it at. Remember this for when you get a couple of Approved Fox snares and a DVD and set a few more mate,

Edited by Mitch
He did not ask for advice, He was simply letting us know of his catch. To tell you the truth i just cannot understand the way some people function. He is running a fox snare and he thinks a peice of Bootlace with hold a very angry destressed fox, It may have but we have to take into consideration is this really fare for the Fox. As there is a definate possibility the Lace will be chewed off, leaving a locked snare around its neck

Before I even picked up the wires I got in contact with Woodga and i got the advice i needed to do it properly.

So the question is, Mate why on earth would you use a peice of bootlace on a fox snare.

But having said this, lets look at it from a positive perspective. Did you snare the fox around the neck? if so take note of the run and the height you set the snare and also the size of the loop you set it at. Remember this for when you get a couple of Approved Fox snares and a DVD and set a few more mate,

i think the title of the post say it all , there is a fair bit of info on here and other sites to help anyone interested in snaring foxes, rabbits ,etc, its just a case of having alook round BEFORE you try your hand,any muppet can set a snare, the hard bit is doing it properly and catching and holding your intended target, with this internet mullarky these days there are no excuses for ignorance

you are a twat

Her we go again :censored: .The lad asked for advice and people chuck abuse at him.He will never learn to snare foxes if he does not try and there is a few people on here who can give him the advice he needs,which will help him learn to snare them properly.I thought the idea of this forum was to help people out not slag them off :censored:

bigeddie thanks mate i put a topic on her and all hob does is goes f**k off prick

Edited by deltor

Ok he used a shoe lace for a fox snare,he probably didn't know anybetter.All i am saying is instead of name calling try and help the lad out.I am sure we have all done things when we was younger that we regret doing know. ;)

Though to be fair, DELTOR i don't think the title of the post helped.JMO.

you are a twat

bigeddie thanks mate i put a topic on her and all hob does is goes f**k off prick

deltor,i hope your not calling me a twat, i put up a post to help you get some sound advice of experience lad

you are a twat

deltor,i hope your not calling me a twat, i put up a post to help you get some sound advice of experience lad

i am not on about you i am on about hob mate

Interesting thoughts on the subject of snaring foxes because countries differ in their laws, not everyone can use the same snares, locks or equipment that others do. I personally always liked the Gregerson Lock or the Slim Lock for low visibility....my favorite lock for killing quickly of course was the (true) cam-lock preferably on 1x19 -1/16 cable....although I've caught lots in the 7x7-5/64 too. One should remember that "entanglement" and getting the front feet off the ground, is what quickly kills most fox, or any animal for that matter. Type of lock is less important in that situation, I feel. Few people know or even less have used the (Slim) Pederson "lock", which was actually cable woven to make a loop that would lock-up around the animal without using anything other than the cable (:i.e. no metal locks etc). I have used it but only a few times, as better "locks" were available.....it does however work when one masters it. While "kill poles" do offer a portable entanglement situation....they aren't perfect for every situation, nor do I expect "legal" in every state, province or country. Often by not giving an animal entanglement, you can "live-snare" a fox or most any other animal a good % of the time. It also is easy to foot snare foxes in the right situation, with the proper snare, although that too may be illegal in many parts of the world. As for fastening snares, I mostly have used cable but in a few instances, doubled 14 ga. wire....you always want your "tie -off" as strong as your snare cable.

Edited by victoria vixen