AA S410 Pellet Mag Problems

I have had an S410 for around a year now and a problem has cropped up with it.

When loading the pellet magazine into position and then pushing the bolt arm forward, the bolt wont engage (easily) with the pellet in the magazine.

If I move the magazine around slightly the bolt eventually locks in, it then works OK (no sticking as the magazine rotates when reloading), it's only the initial loading of the magazine where the problem occurs.

Doesn't sound much of a problem but when your quickly and quietly trying to reload a magazine, it's fecking annoying.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Andy

make suure pellets are lined ready to load straight in an there shouldnt be any problem its some thing ive never had a problem with only thing i get a problem with is remembering how many pellets are left in my mag as am thick an cant count to ten it always happens am on last pellet an need to do a follow up shot mags empty an bunny runs to safety always guts me lol

There is a bit if resistance when pushing the probe forward on my rifle, its kind of like a 2 stage thing, the probe pushes the pellet out of the mag with just a little resistance and then it pushes in to the barrel,again with a little bit if resistance.

I would have a good close look at your magazine housing and make sure that the seal is good and that the case is not damaged or worn, also check the plastic tab on the bag of the magazine is there and not worn or broken off! (this lines up with the magazine retaining clip) the same goes for the plate that sits below the index spring, make sure this has nothing stuck to it, also check to make sure the index spring is not bent as this would stop the mag from being inserted correctly but may still work once the magazine had been cycled.

There is also another spring plate called the magazine retaining clip, this is the one that sits on top of the breech block, maybe that is bent?

As far as 'o' ring seals go there is one set in a bronze bush this is the one that seals the probe after the pellet has been pushed in to the barrel.

In all honesty I would look at both the index spring and the mag' retaining clip and check that they are not bent, especially the mg' retaining clip.

The magazine retaining spring/clip is dead centre of this image, also the image shows the probe seated and the indexing spring in its correct position.

Hope this helps :)

gallery_50435_3704_151159.jpg

hi buddy

Have you done any fettling/work/service done on it lately?

the reason i am asking,is a problem i came across while fettling.is the barrel is not flush with the breach after the fettling/service/work has been done. this is an easy fix "if the case"

take out the mag,remove the mag retaining clip,under there is two grub screws loosen these,and remove the barrel band. and slowly twist/pull towards you.if it dose not budge then it has loctite on it ,which will need heating up with a hair drier to loosen!

once you have it loose "the barrel" push the mag back in its housing and slowly push the barrel back home.before tightening the grubs screws back up ,just double check the mag moves freely,this can be done with out replacing the retaining clip.

other common faults,it could be!

cam plate not aligned with the indexing post pivot?

indexing post " spring worn/broke"

O ring on the magazine!

worn spring in the magazine!

strip & clean the magazine & replace "O ring" ( which Air Arms will send FOC)

if you need to change the above then check out my YouTube channel,i have done a video on how to change it!

hope this helps

let us know how you get on!!

Davy

Edited by davyt63
  • Like 1

Markha / Davy,

Checked all the possible causes you guys have mentioned and found that the magazine casing is cracked (spilt running from centre screw).

The pellets seem to be sitting low (as if the magazine has dropped in the casing).

I bought the gun second hand around a year ago, looks like I have bought it like this and never noticed until now.

Will need a new magazine casing at least so will try this and see if it solves the problem, it's the only visible cause I can see everything else you have mentioned seems OK.

Next stop eBay.

Many thanks,

Andy