cheap fox call

Im more of a rabbit shooter than fox, but noticed on one of our permissions that fox numbers were increasing, well my FAC allows me to shoot fox with a .22, so thought we'd better thin them down a little, I dont belive they take many rabbits, but I belive on nights when the scout the area, rabbits that are normally in abundance, become thin on the ground.

anyway, not having any purpose built fox calls, I inprovised, and so glad I did, as my fox squeaker works wonders, its kept in the cheek of my mouth, so I can still have a ciggy, and tends to get a bit of spit inside it, which really makes it sound better in my mind,

so far Ive had a little vixen, and then last night a very plump dog fox

post-5267-0-13842900-1315157267_thumb.jpg

vixen squeaked in from 100yds to 40yds

so, Ill let you know what Im using, in case you want to give it a try, its the insides from a dog's rubber toy, works brill

they do work well. The squeaker from a rubber dog toy there the right size to put in to an old pen case ect

2wf5kzr.jpg

shot 2 last night this one was called in from over 600 yards away Shot at 50 or so yards retrieved by the dog

20060913130949031.jpg

i find you can adjust the pitch if you move the reed about