Cough

if she has the kennel cough,you,d know, she wont stop hacking and trying to bring something up and she,d not be able to exert herself,maybe some fur down her neck,we,ve ot had the cough for a good ten years, but in the event i always keep a bottle of benylin at hand.

Top man spot on this :toast: :toast: :toast:

How much running did you give her, is she fit, did she take a slight knock? could be any of these things or a combination. Rather than seek advice on here take her to someone who knows running dogs who can examine and actually have a look at her if your worried mate.

The bitch now still no cough just run down but eating a bit and more alert ? fcuk knows what it was but gonna give her a good 3 weeks lay up

as she is still not her self running and huntimg up !!!

Again thanks for all advice & anymore imput would be welcome

doesnt sound like much to worry about,kennel cough you wont mistake it very harsh and persistant no need for vet just have to let it run its course couple of weeks noramlly,word of warning though if you ever do have it dont run your dogs seen a good dog ruined before (scaring of the lungs)

Deano,I don't wish to alarm you mate but a persistant cough after hard running,then being lethargic and not herself could be the first signs of heart and lung problems,if its accompanied by weight loss then get her to a vet to be checked out,its easy to blow a dog at any age,there have been a lot of well meaning lads replied but not very good advice,only you will know if your dogs not right,any doubt seek out a decent greyhound owner and ask him to look her over or what vet he uses,I hope its just me being overcautious but good luck with her,WM