Altcar Hares

I have bin waiting for months for the fields to come down to get my pup out. An I got out Saturday for a walk I live 10 mins from altcar an am over their most days walking my lurchers an terriers. I walked over the cut fields from lydiate to formby an never seen a seat never mind a hare. 10 years ago the fields were moving with hares not any more I hope all them antis that got the sport banned to save the brown hare are proud of themselves, cos it looks like most of them have been shot..

I have bin waiting for months for the fields to come down to get my pup out. An I got out Saturday for a walk I live 10 mins from altcar an am over their most days walking my lurchers an terriers. I walked over the cut fields from lydiate to formby an never seen a seat never mind a hare. 10 years ago the fields were moving with hares not any more I hope all them antis that got the sport banned to save the brown hare are proud of themselves, cos it looks like most of them have been shot..

They were not shot mate........Kipper and Chalky caught them all..... :yes:

They were not shot mate........Kipper and Chalky caught them all..... :yes:

this is going to be good ha ha ha

yes it could be theve been over shot,,,,,there biggest enemy could be 2days farming method,s,,,thats what i think anyhow,,,i could be wrong

Edited by whip x grey

They have been doing hare drives since the ban Tresspasser, shot most of 'em, sad state of affairs for the once mighty Altcar Estate but thats a fact. Since i've moved out here i've had many a wander over and its a ghost town. :(

What the feck are you ranting over Ferret Boy, whats being promoted? The fact that there ain't no hares on Altcar now, or that he wandered over, ban or no ban that estate has always been a no go for anyone with a lurcher anyway. :hmm:

• Like 1