my stoat trapping challenge.this trap ok?

iv decided to set the trap tomorrow.got the place sorted.got the bait sorted. but will this trap do??? its sensative as fu*k though iv only set it 3 times for rats with no luck? :cry:

sorry for the shit pics they were taken on a phone.the traps door consists of two pieces of mesh one vertical at the front and another horizontal just behind it.you push the first door towards the second one and then push the combined doors upwards and then lodge them under a hook.the hook conects to a long bar ( made from yet again mesh) which leads to the little flap of mesh which pulls up.the rat,squirel,stoat or whatever treds on the flap and pulls the hook from under the door. if you have ever seen one or own one of these traps could you tell me what its called please? if it has a specific name that is. it cost me 17 fu*in quid. sam

Edited by sambo123

Guest Ditch_Shitter

That's a standard, Treadle type Squirrel Cage Trap, Sam. Looks like 1" mesh. Standard for squirrels but I wouldn't personally try to hold a rat or a stoat in it. 5/8th " maximum for me.

As for that washing machine ..... Well ...! :icon_redface:

ok lads after you have given me a lecture on "changing rooms" and "what to/ what not to" have in the house could you help me out? yeah i figured the mesh gaps were too wide so iv covered the trap in mesh with alot smaller gaps.that should help. sometimes i cant belive the people on this site. im askin for help off of people who know a lot more than me .( because im a total amateur) and i get people takin the piss out of my fu*in house.. :no: sambo

sambo

dont take it to heart, i used to watch in on this site for a while, before i ever posted. I learnt that it is not a personnel attack its just the way the guys and dolls get on, they are all up to a bit of slagging one way or another. Your turn will come when one of them post a picture with things in the background and u can have a bit of fun at their expense :clapper:

There are some great people with alot of info, its just sometimes they enjoy taking the p*ss before ,during or after they give a reply.

as one great trapper says (not me yet)

Happy Hunting

Sean

sambo

dont take it to heart, i used to watch in on this site for a while, before i ever posted. I learnt that it is not a personnel attack its just the way the guys and dolls get on, they are all up to a bit of slagging one way or another. Your turn will come when one of them post a picture with things in the background and u can have a bit of fun at their expense :clapper:

There are some great people with alot of info, its just sometimes they enjoy taking the p*ss before ,during or after they give a reply.

as one great trapper says (not me yet)

Happy Hunting

Sean

yeah i suppose i could look at it that way.and at least ditch shitter helped a little lol. but BLACKBOB said fu*k all to help just took the piss lol. and i actaully like the air freshner sprayer thing.accept when it fu*kin sprays and puts ma fag out lol.cheers sam

Sorry mate i shouldnt take the piss, just that the thought of that toaster heating up that probable flammable liquid in the purfume sprayer, exploding, setting the kitchen on fire, burning the house down, injuring your family and pets or even worse ..................................! :hmm:

feck my imagination takes over me sometimes,

On the other hand ? :icon_eek:

Cheers bob

By the way i know feck all about traps, just kike reading the posts :D

Sorry mate i shouldnt take the piss, just that the thought of that toaster heating up that probable flammable liquid in the purfume sprayer, exploding, setting the kitchen on fire, burning the house down, injuring your family and pets or even worse ..................................! :hmm:

feck my imagination takes over me sometimes,

On the other hand ? :icon_eek:

Cheers bob

By the way i know feck all about traps, just kike reading the posts :D

ok pal.you have opened my eyes :icon_eek: its in the fu*kin bin lol :laugh: sorry i jumped down your throat! sam :victory:

Sambo 123-Take it from one who knows ,that trap will do perfectly for stoats mate ,without the extra mesh .Ive used the same for years and nver had a problem .

Good hunting all .

ok pal cheers :clapper::victory:

sambo , i,m not going to take the piss out of your kitchen , but i wouldn,t put a trap on a worktop that had bin set anywhere near a rat run or living area ,plus you don,t want all those kitcheny smells on your gear

ok lads after you have given me a lecture on "changing rooms" and "what to/ what not to" have in the house could you help me out? yeah i figured the mesh gaps were too wide so iv covered the trap in mesh with alot smaller gaps.that should help. sometimes i cant belive the people on this site. im askin for help off of people who know a lot more than me .( because im a total amateur) and i get people takin the piss out of my fu*in house.. :no: sambo

yep, those tiles need changing :hmm::victory: