A few snares v fox

Well decided to set a few bunny snares along the side of a horse paddock next to a stubble field where I've been shooting a few at night,they seemed to run in that direction after being shot at.I only took ten wires as I wanted to set on the most obvious runs and it is only a short run of gass where there was no bramble, icwent and set them about 4 pm yesterday, the weather was wet and windy so I got wrapped up and set off,I pegged what I thought to be the ten best runs and marked them up,so off back home for a few beers and a restless night! It's always the same when I'm waiting to pull them themorning

or when I'm waiting for dark to go

lamping,like a cat on a hot tin roof paceing the landing,got off to bed and before I knew the

alarm was going at 7 am, I decided to take the

hmr with me just incase any bunny were sat out on driving into the field,there were the other morning when i was decoying on the stubble. I drove onto the land and a single rabbit ran for cover with no chance of a shot,I drive to the first marker and found this

cf699b08.jpg

Great mr fox beat me to it.

87855d65.jpg

I continued on to the next and nothing in it guer they all can't be full, so on to the next 6 or 7

To no avail, as I approached the last wire it had been pulled straight and captured a rabbit and lucky for me it was still in one piece

5df0de65.jpg

So to wrap up it was not the most productive snaring session but at the same time enjoyable, end result one for the pot and a free meal for the fox,

8dd39f0b.jpg

Atb .223

Tell me about it mate,might have been a squealer when it caught and the fox heard it and took advantage of the situation or came across it while snooping about I've had it a few times over the years,thats life

Edited by TWOTWOTHREE

Next time I'm going to do exactly that mate,soon as it gets light enough to see I'll go and pull em,going out foxing tonight on a few permissions going to call where i wired last night and hopefully it may squeak in thinking there is a free meal again,

There ain't the numbers of fox up my that when you go out you are shooting six is seven.but yep this one has annoyed me,and it's a problem but I'll keep putting the wires out and maybe I will lose one or two to a fox,but that's the hunting scenario,i wont win them all, I know I'll catch up with it sooner rather than later,out at the moment,just havin a breather got three rabbit up to now but no sign of Charlie it's probably still full of my intended stew! Got a hour or two to go yet so going to crack on, atb