Wolfhound/Greyhound x Pitbull Terrier. (I'm in Canada; dont kill me)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what we have here is a naive person, who got a rescue dog from a pound or something, briefly read up about lurchers on wikipedia, then talked to a few local hunters about hunting in the locali

Here you go J.DOG, as I mentioned in the other thread - a pic of my pups dad, who has equal content - 50/50 wolfhound greyhound. He is one of the strongest dogs I have ever met, once saw him kill a c

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your photos. I love that dog. Looks like a really powerful dog to me. Ever done weightpull with him? Even a small dirt-bike tire? If not I would love to see this dog

Posted Images

Guest born to run1083

rocky on here has few I think, sure once he reads this topic he'l stick them up

edited to say dean29 has the best example I've seen on here of a first x deer/bull maybe he'l stick that up for you

Edited by born to run1083

Thanks for all the help so far.

I've got a deerhound x bull grey big strong dog can't put pics straight on here as I'm on my iPod but here is an older link he is the tan dog but I don't think he would be successful against a grizzly bear lol

http://www.thehuntin...__fromsearch__1

Haha no worries mate as I run a pack with a bloodhound, pitbull, grey/wolfhound - but wouldnt let them hunt a grizz anyway. I would let them chase it till it was in a tree, then I would leave it alone haha. Or if there is no other option I would shoot it with my Mongol bow. Personally wouldnt let my dog hunt a grizz, one swipe of a grizzly paw is known to break a mature pine tree in half, imagine my skinny longdogs hahaha :p. Not to mention I've seen one crunch the snout off of a bull moose with one f*****g bite...horrifying strength.

Btw your dogs are beautiful!

You think my litter would be a lot stockier than your tan boy? Considering bull content would be at 50%?

I suppose I am asking questions only pictures could answer haha. And its always a shitshot with cross breeds anyway innit.

I will post some pics of the dogs I am thinking of breeding when I get a chance, mind you they are old.

Thanks for all the help so far.

I've got a deerhound x bull grey big strong dog can't put pics straight on here as I'm on my iPod but here is an older link he is the tan dog but I don't think he would be successful against a grizzly bear lol

http://www.thehuntin...__fromsearch__1

Haha no worries mate as I run a pack with a bloodhound, pitbull, grey/wolfhound - but wouldnt let them hunt a grizz anyway. I would let them chase it till it was in a tree, then I would leave it alone haha. Or if there is no other option I would shoot it with my Mongol bow. Personally wouldnt let my dog hunt a grizz, one swipe of a grizzly paw is known to break a mature pine tree in half, imagine my skinny longdogs hahaha :p. Not to mention I've seen one crunch the snout off of a bull moose with one f*****g bite...horrifying strength.

Btw your dogs are beautiful!

You think my litter would be a lot stockier than your tan boy? Considering bull content would be at 50%?

I suppose I am asking questions only pictures could answer haha. And its always a shitshot with cross breeds anyway innit.

I will post some pics of the dogs I am thinking of breeding when I get a chance, mind you they are old.

lol yeah your dogs would be alot stockier because of the wolfhound blood so I imagine with a touch if Pitt in there than it will make them much bigger and stronger just what you need for the quary you will be working with but it may make the pups slower but I don't think that would be an issue.

try get some pics up mate would be good to see your dogs

Atb mate

Edited by J.DOG

Here you go J.DOG, as I mentioned in the other thread - a pic of my pups dad, who has equal content - 50/50 wolfhound greyhound.

He is one of the strongest dogs I have ever met, once saw him kill a cougar with just the help of a bloodhound - did most the work too(we were not hunting, we were hiking and nearly got stealth bombed by a cougar so they joyfully saved us haha)....I wish he was mine but sadly hes not haha.

photo1etw.jpg

Dont you guys just love the wolfhound mane on this guy!

Looks very wild and exotic to me.

Hope my pup grows one of them manes out, his hairs unpredictable as david beckham atm - keeps shedding his wolfhound overcoat in certain spots.

Atb to you too J.DOG

Edited by MidnightSun
  • Like 1

He is one of the strongest dogs I have ever met, once saw him kill a cougar ...

:hmm:

Haha believe what you may, cougar was 200lbs.. and it was a bloodhound and a wolfhound mix on it. Ever seen a cougar in Ireland? They are shy, short, long, slinky and not particularly good at fighting - prefering to use claws over teeth.. they hunt like assassins on weak prey and livestock and are only successful because they run straight at the animal and smash it on the side traumatizing it.. Anyone who has been on a coug hunt can believe those cats would be more than matched by 2 large well hunted weightpull dogs.

Edited by MidnightSun