mates first buck

well done mate took ya long enough eh..lol...

went out on saturday morning for a look about and the first thing we seen was a wee doe browsing on a new planted rape field so we moved on and seen a regular yearling doe on the side of the hill and over from her an older doe with a kid no joy there so we sat it out waiting on a buck

after about an hour a buck appeared from some tall threshes about 180 yds of so out of the jeep my buddy slipped and got himself into position and and took the shot and he went down like a sack of spuds and up went my mates creadability ..lol...so here he is ..well done again mate

jasonsfirstroebuck.jpg

im sorry phil its ruff long grass and reeds and its on a wood edge that lies wettish that we fenced of a few years back to stop cattle sinking in to it so it grows wild in that spot and deer love browsing there, taken a lot of deer from that spot over the years

im sorry phil its ruff long grass and reeds and its on a wood edge that lies wettish that we fenced of a few years back to stop cattle sinking in to it so it grows wild in that spot and deer love browsing there, taken a lot of deer from that spot over the years

Got ya!

Never heard or read that before. Is It a local term for such ground?

certainty not the bigest buck it was 14 and a half k on the gamedealers hook but remember bucks aint going to be at there best now i was accually waiting on somebody pullin me up about the knife stuck in the grun..lol

and phil im not sure it might well be it'll be a scottish thing most likely like birks and braes ..lol..

Edited by nastybilly

certainty not the bigest buck it was 14 and a half k on the gamedealers hook but remember bucks aint going to be at there best now i was accually waiting on somebody pullin me up about the knife stuck in the grun..lol

and phil im not sure it might well be it'll be a scottish thing most likely like birks and braes ..lol..

Is that what it was Billy I thought it was winnot de tagger if I had known that it was a Knife stuck in grunn Billy I would have said some thing :yes::D but being as you had finished the gralloch I presume ya would en give it a cleen afore using eeet again no :tongue2: