record keeping

The original postee asked a straight forward question, I answered it in a like minded manner factual with what is required by best practice, to be the correct and accepted way in keeping records.

Davids remarks (Wireviz) only goes to show his small mindedness in trying to belittle a situation that he thinks that I am in by inferring i dont have a lot of stalking,(incorrectly I might add) I did until recently receive abusive PMs of him but blocked his antics ,but he thinks he can carry on with his remarks on an open forum.

Eventually the admin team will feel his collar like they have on Stalking Directory for his abrasive postings, its only a matter of time here as well ,but we shall wait and see.

In the mean time as stated my post is the official one at the moment on keeping cull records and is simple to use, Hope this helps the original poster.

Regards

Stu

Davids remarks (Wireviz) only goes to show his small mindedness in trying to belittle a situation that he thinks that I am in by inferring i dont have a lot of stalking,(incorrectly I might add) I did until recently receive abusive PMs of him but blocked his antics ,but he thinks he can carry on with his remarks on an open forum.

Eventually the admin team will feel his collar like they have on Stalking Directory for his abrasive postings, its only a matter of time here as well ,but we shall wait and see.

I realise this is off topic but as you know idiotic, semi literate, abusive PM's are his stocking trade. When they get c&ped to the open forum he gets his panties in a right twist. As the SD readers discovered.

Perhaps he should resort to re starting his own forum which proved to be the only place he was welcomed. Oh yeah, i remembered he can't do that can he! :laugh:

Create your own spread sheet containing the following information

Date/Time

Activity - stalk/observation only

Weather conditions.

Shot taken/Not taken

Location, grid ref, beat stalked/highseat number

Stalker, guest or assistant,

Calibre/bullet weight,

Distance of shot.

Species/sex

Carcass weight

condition of the deer

pregnancy/No. Foetus

Antler size and description

approximate age

tag number

Other comments

You can use Google earth to pin records to grid ref's. That way you can get a clear pictorial representation of activity. and observations.

Stu

I understand your doubts/concerns as to his continued validity as an DCS accredited witness. I'm sure there are also those who question his suitability to possess a FAC. As there were with his side kick, and we all know what happened to him.

Anyone interested in a cheap 221 Fireball ? :laugh: :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

i like to keep records just for personal ref to see how the deer are from year to year numbers weight ect i just made a simple on ie date, where i shot it, bullet placement, weather, distance shot, larder weight, sex , all this purely for personal ref each to there own chaps eh some do some dont hope this helps cheers paul

I think Stuart and Chris it is your selves that were banned many times from SD and other sites and still remain so (GREEK PHIL) Is a notorious troll that no mater what admin do of all sites seems to find his unwanted way back to abuse posters and belittle people.This is the action of a little man with what we call in Scotland weeman syndrome :rofl: But i will say again and i thought the post was relevant that the keeping of records should remain with people who have there own areas of ground on which to manage deer. If you are an invited guest or if you only have a small area on which to shoot a few deer then record keeping is some what foolish and it is actually detrimental to the deer sector.

Chris i will guess that your statement of the .221 Fireball is at Vim as a side ways personal attack .Well that one is between you and him and like before i will wish you good luck mate.

THE PM System on the sites is for people to send messages they do not wish to show on the main board if you do not like them or wish for the sender to be reported there is that option as there is the block option.But to bring it to the main board to get some kind of sympathy from the posters is just like telling tails out of school. Grow a set stu and i will see you down in the borders over the winter Andrew will tell you i have been invited down anytime and i will be taking up his invite as will Bob. :angel:

Edited by wireviz

I think Stuart and Chris it is your selves that were banned many times from SD and other sites and still remain so (GREEK PHIL) Is a notorious troll that no mater what admin do of all sites seems to find his unwanted way back to abuse posters and belittle people.This is the action of a little man with what we call in Scotland weeman syndrome :rofl: But i will say again and i thought the post was relevant that the keeping of records should remain with people who have there own areas of ground on which to manage deer. If you are an invited guest or if you only have a small area on which to shoot a few deer then record keeping is some what foolish and it is actually detrimental to the deer sector.

Chris i will guess that your statement of the .221 Fireball is at Vim as a side ways personal attack .Well that one is between you and him and like before i will wish you good luck mate.

THE PM System on the sites is for people to send messages they do not wish to show on the main board if you do not like them or wish for the sender to be reported there is that option as there is the block option.But to bring it to the main board to get some kind of sympathy from the posters is just like telling tails out of school. Grow a set stu and i will see you down in the borders over the winter Andrew will tell you i have been invited down anytime and i will be taking up his invite as will Bob. :angel:

By what means is amateur record keeping detrimental to the deer sector many of my clients wish to keep accurate records of their stalking and they gain a great deal of enjoyment from documenting their outing I fail to see how this could possibly affect the records kept by the estate.seems somewhat snobby to me mindst that is a trait encouraged by the BDS!

Edited by danw

Dan i run a deer group with 20 + members and most like to keep a wee record of there outing but the BP guides referring to Official Record keeping which will be law in the near future need to be submitted.Now if every one from the group kept records of deer shot or culled on there ground . I am sure it would lead to many a double count and this would then reflect in the figures given out of deer in our area. So for me if you don't have ground or if you ponce it from others leave it to them to keep the accurate records and that way the messors will not get confused with the chaps who are the real custodians of the deer.

Edited by wireviz