CRUFTS

i have to go to crufts on friday with my college :angry: Anyone going? Is the CA or BASC going to have a stall?

I'm going tomorrow, doubt the CA or BASC will have stalls, been going for years and never seen them there :no:

of course theres cheating or at least favouratism by the judges towards mates and top faces but there were some bloody good dogs there that got placed or won on merrit as well.

saw some very nice examples of whippets as well as the over sized greyhound type they seem to be producing these days for the ring

I am a deerhound person, and the judging was disgusting, and the overall state this once elegant breed is getting to is so disappointing...Size size size thats all they are after, someone should educate these so called experts as to the meaning of gait, drive, soundness, poor fronts and poor anglulation..It all happens at Crufts, winning dogs bred from the judges stock, others owned by people who are judging Champ shows in a few months time, to return the favour, sorry, but Crufts show now possesses all the escence of a shit sandwitch. Good dogs get swallowed up and spit out Im affraid

Dogs put up through face judging dose nothing for the breed, in fact, it destroys it. There are novices there who, think that the dogs in first place are the best, and will use these for future studs, or to obtain pups from...But alas there are still a few good dog people who can see past what is going on, and see better quality dogs in 2nd, 3rd and 4th postions..

I dont show, but I have had dogs for over 35 years, and I can spot a good dog, of any breed, as quality sticks out like a punch in the mouth, Like I say I was mainly interesed in the deerhounds, and out of everything there, many people have contacted me to say there was only a handfull of deerhounds that impressed