There will be a good show of hounds at the Scottish Hound Show on Sat 13th August(same day as Lowther) at Castle Holm show field, Langholm, just east of Carlisle. Classes for Fellhounds, Hill hounds and Stud Book Hounds and Beagles also class for Hunt Terriers(Having to have worked with the pack they represent) and an open terrier show as well.

Trade stands as well

Edited by Linton Lad
  • Like 1

Let's not keep harping back at the past, look to the future, the Coursing Crew run a good show so let's support them, don't use it you lose it.

since when . THE LOWTHER WAS NOT SOME TO BIT TERRIER/LURCHER SHOW , that run into a tent if it starts raining

and in the words of of one lets get this over with and get home, THE GAME FAIR ORG THAT IS TAKING LOWTHER OVER

IS JUST THAT IN IT FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS , NO HOUND SHOW NO HUNT STAFF SINGING COMP/BEST TURNED

OUT HUNTSMAN ETC THAT WAS LOWTHER ,THAT PAST IS WORTH HARPING BACK TOO , ;)

• Like 2

im off to the heart of wales same weekend and they have a hound show and bedlington shows on on the sat as well as showing both day s and racing and courcing both days and its closer to me l.o.l hope those who go to lowther have a good day too

two cracking judges for this show...john jackson and joe bell...proper old school..and very humbling in their presence

yes two knowledgeble men who would grace any terrier show and who's inclusion can only build the reputation

of this event , the history of this show should not be forgotten but re kindeld and the help of the like's of joe bell

john jackson and there contacts in the hunting /terrier world should be sought to put the lowther back were it

belongs , GOOD LUCK TO ALL INVOLVED ,

• Like 1

Lure coursing and straight racing was very well run could have done with a few more runners rest of the show wasn't to bad managed to pick up some quality ferreting nets and a couple pf MK3 Locator collars for a good price well worth the 300 mile drive up

well thats me finished with this show ! used to go every year never again ! walked round the fair after paying my 15 quid entrance was ok not as big as it used to be but what the hell.

then it was the lurcher and terrier show the reason i went ... second russel class two f*****g white things that looked nothing like any russel i have ever owned with harnessess and undocked i looked at the mrs she looked at me and i said thats it me done never again lets go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wont be going again unless there BIG changes ....... f*****g waste of a day!

well thats me finished with this show ! used to go every year never again ! walked round the fair after paying my 15 quid entrance was ok not as big as it used to be but what the hell.

then it was the lurcher and terrier show the reason i went ... second russel class two f*****g white things that looked nothing like any russel i have ever owned with harnessess and undocked i looked at the mrs she looked at me and i said thats it me done never again lets go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

may have just been bad timing.i ve been told there was at least eighteen lakies in dog class..surely just because there was only 2 dogs in a particular class dosent mean to condemn the whole show

i seen these wid some old woman. one of em wudnt stand on the board so she just dragd it around til it did haha