Veg is important,but it has to be ground to release the nutrition as dogs cannot extract it unless it has been broken right down,that is why the gut content is usually the first thing to go on a carcase.

Martin

There definetly important. But you have to switch up the variety of veggies and fruits used. Its best to use different colors of veggies and fruit. Different colors mean different vitamins and minerals in the food.

But it is pointless to give them whole veggie and fruit, you have to blend it up into a puree or slice it up very thin.

I usually take all the veggie and fruit, blend them up, and freeze them in a metal cupcake/muffin pan. I give the dogs a whole one, once a day or once every other day.

Cooked is better digested.

My train of thought, starts the digestion process or the veggies will just pass straight through without retaining much if any nutrition.

If pupled through a food processor no problem with digestimg heat ie cooking just destroys the enzymes.When a wild dog feeds on stomach contents they aren't cooked.

Cooked is better digested.

My train of thought, starts the digestion process or the veggies will just pass straight through without retaining much if any nutrition.

When a wild dog feeds on stomach contents they aren't cooked.

But the digestion process has already started, part cooking veg dont do that much harm to nutrient content (just helps break it down), remember its how we eat our veggies and our digestional tract is alot longer than the dogs.