addives on traning

They are training from the moment you first pick them up.

Handle them well, get to know them, get them used to the dogs, nets, your feet, being picked up from the mouth of tubes, get them running through tubes, even stick the collars on them.

But while most ferrets will work to some extent, the best workers are born to it. . . .

I agree . You train a ferret kit from the first time you handle it from the nest . A ferret bombarded with stimulation will be a more rounded confident ferret , and ultimately a greater worker . People used to say to me many years ago .ferrets can't climb . Maybe that was true of the fetters kept in single storey over crowded hutches. But a ferret kit raised in a multi level out door court . Give time reason and opportunity to certainly Will . And that confident climbing ferret is all the more likely to climb up to that rabbit sat On a ledge just out of reach. My kids play with the kits . Every thing is an adventure to a happy kits . Well handle ferrets rarely become hole shy .( stand in the burrow entrance just out of reach to scared to come out . Ferrets all ready know to Chase rabbits . It's hard wired into them . Wave a warm bunny infront of the nose of a 5 week old sleeping kit and see how long it takes to wake-up , and latch on..... hope this helps .atb.