locaters

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've dug with Deben MK1 this far, and now my new B&F set is on the way to Finland. Had a couple of digs with a friends B&F and nothing beats it at the moment.

HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY BF NOT TURNING OFF,BUT OTHER THAN THAT GOOD PIECE OF KIT.TOOK A BIT OF GETTING USED TO BUT ONCE YOU HAVE USED IT A FEW TIMES NO PROBS,USED IT FOR 2 SEASONS NOW

Guest COMPUTER HUNTER
my mate cant turn his b/f off something wrong with the mag switch has

any body else had this problem

my mate cant turn his off either with the magnet he has 2 take the battery out hes waiting for a reply off b&f

Guest Haggler

Checked some fresh sets yesterday under main power lines. They were buzzing overhead but had no effect on the Bellman and Flint locator at all. MK1 would have imploded here. :icon_eek:

480672.jpg

480673.jpg

Haggler

i've just got the deben long range finder, and i are'nt impressed at all, it was always on the dog but the depth was well out the box was atleast 3 ft out everytime i.e if it said 5 ft it was only 2 ft deep, in the end i was using my old mk 1 box with the lrt collar :(

Deben doesnt like water,or metal fence wire. pain in arse but was the best before B&F.

The Long Range Collar is 100% waterproof and IMHO huge improvement over the grey box. I have not used the B&F, so can't comment which is best. All I can say is that I have found the deben long range excellent and it's been spot on time after time. I can't see in practice how you can improve on that - whats to improve?

Guest ceredigion bull cross
i've just got the deben long range finder, and i are'nt impressed at all, it was always on the dog but the depth was well out the box was atleast 3 ft out everytime i.e if it said 5 ft it was only 2 ft deep, in the end i was using my old mk 1 box with the lrt collar :(

i just sold my deben long range finder and thank feck for that , inaccurate piece of dog doo , i think i would have been better off with a bell on the dogs collar......bought a b+f instead it arrived today , so i've had the misses hiding the collar easy find every time , easy to use 10 minutes and got the hang of it :clapper: