locaters

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the bellman and flint you feel a lot more relaxed about terrier work weather its earths ,bales ,or working cover , you can even predict when a bolt is on the cards, happy days :thumbs-up:

B&F EVERY TIME! I'VE HAD OVER 500 DIGS WITH MY ORIGINAL SET(TWO NEW CASINGS FOR COLLAR) AND IT HAS NEVER FAILED ME AND NEVER NOT BEEN ABLE TO LOCATE TERRIER, I THINK THAT SUMS IT UP. 100% RELIABLE WHICH IS MORE THAN CAN BE SAID FOR ANYTHING DEBEN MAKE. JMO ;)

just got a b&f , trying it out the other day and found the directional arrows were not up to much, ie saying the terrier was moving out to my left seconds before it appeared to my right .... are the arrows best ignored ??

When the Terriers moving the arrows do tend to jump about sum also the numbers but when it settles a truer reading you will not get and as someone said earlier it even works on bales which are always a bit of a hit and miss affair IMO as for the price yes it is expensive but then what price a good diggin dog?

I had to make this decision last year - I opted for the deban long range and I have to say it's superb. The collar is really robust - can't see why you need anything more.

Always a bit worried about the B&F because it's not actually designed as a terrier locator and what happens if it goes wrong ouside warranty, B&F don't make it so can't repair it and you're always one step away from the manufacturer. I know we all moan about Deban, but at least you can pick up the phone and sepak to the guys who actually made the thing.

My deban set was over £200, but I think there down to around £150 now.

Guest Haggler
Always a bit worried about the B&F because it's not actually designed as a terrier locator

That is simply not true. There are software changes in the Pieps locator that have been there from the beginning to fine tune it for terrier location in the earth (not snow). Pieps is now producing this terrier adapted locator for Bellman and Flint with BF's name on it to end any confusion. ;)

Haggler

just got a b&f , trying it out the other day and found the directional arrows were not up to much, ie saying the terrier was moving out to my left seconds before it appeared to my right .... are the arrows best ignored ??

i never use the arrows just follow the numbers

Always a bit worried about the B&F because it's not actually designed as a terrier locator

That is simply not true. There are software changes in the Pieps locator that have been there from the beginning to fine tune it for terrier location in the earth (not snow). Pieps is now producing this terrier adapted locator for Bellman and Flint with BF's name on it to end any confusion. ;)

Haggler

Excellent gear imo.

Pure bs about the software change though. I've asked multiple times as I bought my locator box separately when they first started selling before the changed policy to only allow a collar/box combo. I was told it was the same exact box as long as it triangulated (I sent specs to B&F and photos)- so I bought one. Despite multiple inquiries I've never gotten a straight answer to the contrary about new 'software changes'. The original Pieps works flawlessly- no software change at all just a colored sticker now....... :laugh::icon_eek: