Clearview Hide Netting

i use it all the time, its brilliant. I do tend to use a standard net on the front though and use the clearview as windows to see through where the standard net drapes down. It is certainly best with a good hedge behind you to give a dark background.

• 3 weeks later...

I currently use a clearview jobbee on it's own. Up against a hedge with some shade it works just fine, but I cant help feeling that it could do with augmenting with a heavier net perhaps to cover the bottom of the hide and use the clearview as a top layer to look through. It is very easy to see the pigeons through it as they come in.

Cheers

D.

Back cover and movement are the key,,,, a good back drop stops you being shilloetted. I use a ordinary light weight net as a back drop and a ghillie suit, dont bother with a front net unless the hedges and bushes are leafless. good camo helps the best ive found is the German FLECKTARN pattern, very good very cheap and hard wearing and the gortex stuff is water resistant

Is the net a "solid" screen IE you can't poke your barrels through if a bird is on the floor?

Maybe I'm tight, but I tend to leg it to the downed bird and throttle it. I could put the barrel over the top of the net I guess, but not through it.

Cheers

D.