Best type of rig for pollock of a boat?

If you are fishing over rough ground for pollack, there are several methods worth a mention.

Spinning with any number of different spinners and lures are worth a try, Something long and silver about 40-50gr in weight do very well. The fight of a double figure pollack on a spinning rod is a joy to behold...

Any colour jelly and jig heads also are very effective. Again fished on a spinning rod.

Hokkis and baited hokkis if you are fishing on the drift are superb, the bigger the better. 12-20lb tackle is plenty.

I have used many other methods to great effect, but these are the standout methods..

• Like 1

If your fishing fairly shallow reefs all of the methods described by mattydski are good bets, if your fishing deep water wrecks i would advise 12-20lb tackle and a flying collar rig. Use a wire french boom, attach the french boom at the top with a swivel and use a paper clip twisted at the bottom to attach the lead ( this acts as a rotten bottom, you could use a piece of lighter line). use a snap swivel to attach the trace line, this needs to be at least 10-15ft long ( I use 40lb amnesia line as I find this never twists ) now attach your lure, redgills, jellies, firetails more recently sidewinders seem to be best (especially rhubarb and custards), best colours, orange, red and black or combinations of the 3.

Good Luck Matethumbs.gif