Hi just after some advice/translation, I've bought myself a new beretta silver pigeon with multi choke. I'm new to shotgunning so just wondering, it comes with 'full' 'improved modified'. 'modified'. 'improved cylinder'. And 'cylinder' what are these in regards to 1/2 or 1/4,3/4 etc?

Thanks in advance

Ant

exactly as u read it really mate

full=full improved mod = 3/4 modified = 1/2 cylinder = 1/4 improved cylinder =skeet

you may get a skeet choke aswell as cylinder i dnt think there is much between these two

hope this helps

1/4= improved cylinder normally .skeet is slightly tighter than cylinder which is the most open.

Tell me about it!!!! :-) was only gonna get a cheap 1 then couldn't help myself!! Gonna spend the next 2 years paying for it, but hell, I don't care!!! Very very pleased with the gun and the service ;-) really wouldn't trust myself 'in-store' glad I'm in Cumbria!!!!

I recently bought my SP too. As I most simply understood it, the more notches marked at the end of the choke, the looser the choke is.

Excellent gun by the way! My scores at the clay ground noticeably improved when I got the new gun, especially on sporting.

Bring on the pigeons! :boogie:

Duncan

Just for the record, "cylinder" means what it says. The shape of the barrel is . . . a cylinder! Same diameter all the way along! If it got wider from breech to muzzle it would be a blunderbuss.

So what would you or anyone recommend for shooting pigeon as I seem to knock a few feathers of but not stop them? Not decoying bye the way just a walk round the permissions for rabbits crows pigeon etc. Also what chokes do you lot use for clays?

Atb ant cheers

Hi Airgunant,

For clays I use 1/4 and imp cylinder, for pigeons 1/4 and 1/2.

If you are only knocking a few feathers out of them, it sounds like you're only clipping them with a couple of pellets as the feathers come out really easily.

Try shortening your range and concentrate on getting them more in the middle of your shot pattern - out to 30 yards and a bit more, clay type chokes should do the job fine, tighten up the chokes if you are shooting them a bit further out.

Until lately, I only had a 3/4 and full fixed choked Bettinsoli which I used for everything, Skeet too!

From the hide, it did the job anything from 20 to 55 yards - dead in the air.

Multi-chokes have made life a lot easier :tongue2:

Cheers

Duncan