Days are getting longer

Guest The Shaman

Guest The Shaman

You all can't but help notice the days are drawing out now and I for one welcome it, I work outside all day long and the promise of spring and summer in the air perks me up.

I was wondering what is your favourite dark nights/mornings or longer days, brighter mornings and getting home from work in daylight.

You all can't but help notice the days are drawing out now and I for one welcome it, I work outside all day long and the promise of spring and summer in the air perks me up.

I was wondering what is your favourite dark nights/mornings or longer days, brighter mornings and getting home from work in daylight.

Started a job last friday,then the rain came.Been off all week waiting for the ground to dry out so i can get back on site.Summer all the way for me.

Guest Lurcherbitch

I lurve the long days. Getting up at silly o clock in the morning to walk the dogs when there is no one else about. Strolling to the shop at night not bothering about rain,wind or if ya wearing a coat or can be seen by that twat of a driver who is as blind as a bat.

Not having to wear big thick sweaters and huge coats........wellies get a rest. Not so much mudd in the house........f**k i'll shut up n give someone else a chance. I just lurve summer.xx

Guest houndblair

I prefer the summer! Sitting in my garden on a summers afternoon watching the cattle grazing as the sun closes just listening to the soundbirds :D

Edited by houndblair

Is there anything nicer than stepping out on a cold, clear frosty morning ? :hmm:

Anything better than sitting next to the fire with the rain, sleet and wind howling at the window ? :hmm:

Anything better than seeing the hedgerows full of Daff's, appleblossom dropping everywhere ? :hmm:

Anything better than seeing a big copper beach in a summer meadow, butterflies and bees buzzing ? :hmm:

Anything better than fruit ripening everywhere, leaves changing colour, kids playing conkers. :hmm:

We are so lucky in this blessed land to have the four seasons, enjoy them folks. :angel:

We live in the best country in the world, though sometimes it don't feel like it. When you wake in the morning, push your elbows out and if they don't hit the side of a coffin, you've made it to another day. :victory:

Go forth and be happy. :big_boss:

Guest The Shaman
Is there anything nicer than stepping out on a cold, clear frosty morning ? :hmm:

Anything better than sitting next to the fire with the rain, sleet and wind howling at the window ? :hmm:

Anything better than seeing the hedgerows full of Daff's, appleblossom dropping everywhere ? :hmm:

Anything better than seeing a big copper beach in a summer meadow, butterflies and bees buzzing ? :hmm:

Anything better than fruit ripening everywhere, leaves changing colour, kids playing conkers. :hmm:

We are so lucky in this blessed land to have the four seasons, enjoy them folks. :angel:

We live in the best country in the world, though sometimes it don't feel like it. When you wake in the morning, push your elbows out and if they don't hit the side of a coffin, you've made it to another day. :victory:

Go forth and be happy. :big_boss:

Deep Nelly, Deep, but spot on :clapper:

Guest JohnGalway

The long nights are great for lamping. You can get out early and be home early again.

Since I work outdoors too though I prefer the long days, a person can get three times as much work done in a day :thumbs-up: So when the mid-late spring comes around hang up the lamp and bash a few crows and maggies :D

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I'm with you and the rest of the majority here, Shaman! There's f*ck all romantic about freezing ye arse off as ye wish a pokey little fire place would send some heat out, instead of up the flue! Staggering around for a few hours a day in mud and rain. Waiting till 'next season' to fix the leaks it's showing ye. Nothing ye can do about anything but hunker down, cold and miserable, and wait for the sun. No wonder our ancestors worshipped it and made so much of it's return. Are we so differant today?

Long balmy days with much to do and all the time in the world to do it. Breaking for a crafty Guinness as ye sit and admire ye work so far. Warm and drowsing :D

'Mind you; Could do without the f*cking Horse Flies though! :icon_eek: