Jammy, Jammy, Jammy

As you all know Mary has been suffering from a wrist injury since January. She has now got to the point where she decided to try having a springer again to keep her gun handling skills sharp. We bid on some lots at Holt's but an awful lot of guns did not sell. What happens to these? They are put in a buy it now sale at basically the seller's reserve, you have to pay comission on top.

One gun stood out, it was a BSA Supersport Carbine .22 of "Recent manufacture" and I remember seeing it and it was in good condition, not mint, but good! Sop we checked to see what the price was, £50 plus commission so buy it now price of £63.50! We decided to have a plink at it. Picked it up today, firstly it said "Made in England" on the barrel, feeling somewhat elated it was bought back for field testing. That means it was given to me to go and test fire in the back garden. I feel like Chumley off Pawn Stars sometimes...

I grabbed the top of the barrel and pulled down, it broke fairly easily but it was so easy, not the usual power required for a spring. Has the spring broken? I kept pulling down, smooth until the lock click, it locked easily enough but no noise? What was wrong, well I loaded a pellet in and fired at the sack of old clothes we use as a pellet stop for chronoing etc. Slight recoil, but it appeared that the pellet shot out like a bat out of hell with nitro injection and triple turbos.

This was curious. A break barrel, no compression noise, apparently full power shots, but low recoil... Puzzled Mole tried it again. Once again I found the same easy break, smooth compression and easy lock, not like a spring, but slight recoil, not like a PCP. Bizarre! tried again and as I fired I realised what the jammy git had managed to buy!

She has only gone and bought a Birmingham made Supersport, with a gas ram fitted....