Hello oh wise ones...

So, I have braved taking dear flopsy apart for dinner and found getting it apart a bit harder than expected, even getting through the belly hide. main conclusion is that I dont have the right kit - my fillet knife is really old (yes I will sharpen it) but also its a fish knife :icon_redface: So,any recommendations for a good fillet knife?

Worth asking the local butcher - apparently after a certain amount of use, blades will not hold the degree of sharpness required for professional use, but are still perfectly serviceable for civilian use. Consequently, filleting knives can sometimes be had in return for some coins in the charity box (presumably you would have to be clearly over 18). I don't think they are expensive to buy new: I have Hookeye and Victrinox ones which seem fine.

Worth asking the local butcher - apparently after a certain amount of use, blades will not hold the degree of sharpness required for professional use, but are still perfectly serviceable for civilian use. Consequently, filleting knives can sometimes be had in return for some coins in the charity box (presumably you would have to be clearly over 18). I don't think they are expensive to buy new: I have Hookeye and Victrinox ones which seem fine.

I get mine off my Mate who is a Butcher

Edited by salclalin