Roe stags

The correct term is roe buck.

And its a rather broad question.

Have you permission and the correct legal calibre with deer stipulated on the conditions.

Then what answers to which exact questions do you require?

I dont have a rifle at the moment but would need to borrow one, see if I enjoy it. I think I would as I game shoot.

New to all this but any advice on shooting a roe stag or two could do with experiance.

snuff

When you come across one take a photo of it and sell it you will make a fortune from it. :laugh:

Get yoursen booked in with someone like John who will take you out .

Edited by Caprelous
I dont have a rifle at the moment but would need to borrow one, see if I enjoy it. I think I would as I game shoot.

Where abouts in the UK are you? There are plenty of good stalkers both full time and part time who'll sell you an opportunity to try your hand at the game, show you what to do and provide you will a rifle to do the necessary. Best advice would be to shop around and see who's nearest and then discuss it with them.

No need to get ripped off over prices either. There's bound to be some good deals available later in the buck season. As well as for the doe cull.

New to all this but any advice on shooting a roe stag or two could do with experiance.

snuff

When you come across one take a photo of it and sell it you will make a fortune from it. :laugh:

Get yoursen booked in with someone like John who will take you out .

That maybe a good option but quite a drive, I could fly up.

Where abouts in the UK are you? There are plenty of good stalkers both full time and part time who'll sell you an opportunity to try your hand at the game, show you what to do and provide you will a rifle to do the necessary. Best advice would be to shop around and see who's nearest and then discuss it with them.

No need to get ripped off over prices either. There's bound to be some good deals available later in the buck season. As well as for the doe cull.

That would be of interest. What about the meat,could I keep some do you think?

That would be of interest. What about the meat,could I keep some do you think?

Most professional stalkers who would take you out would let you have the venison you shot at the going market rate which is around a £1.00 a lb or just a tad over depending what type of deer has been shot but its around that figure. I might add by the time its got into the supermarkets if you had to purchase it you would expect to pay £18.00 for the same, which is a very large bone of contention with most stalkers inc myself i would sooner give it away to friends and family that appreciate it than sell it to game dealers etc.

All my stalking is North of the Border where the sporrans super glued to a jocks bollocks if they manage to open it it contains a large wrench so they can extract 50p pieces out of each others mitt.

I sell the venison as above, local butchers pay me £1.10 a lb which is what I expect.

I have not sold to a gamedealer now for about 7 years (since i got a chiller) and if markets flooded I skin myself and pay rent with it.

I think most guides let their clients take the venison, sometimes its included in the price of the stalk. Make sure you ask before you book then there are no supprises.

Joking aside Snuff, I have picked clients up from the airport and also get alot drive over on the ferry.

But if you p.m. me I have good contacts down south and will put you onto trustworthy guides with plenty of deer and experience in your neck of the woods.

I sell the venison as above, local butchers pay me £1.10 a lb which is what I expect.

I have not sold to a gamedealer now for about 7 years (since i got a chiller) and if markets flooded I skin myself and pay rent with it.

I think most guides let their clients take the venison, sometimes its included in the price of the stalk. Make sure you ask before you book then there are no supprises.

Joking aside Snuff, I have picked clients up from the airport and also get alot drive over on the ferry.

But if you p.m. me I have good contacts down south and will put you onto trustworthy guides with plenty of deer and experience in your neck of the woods.

Have you any grass landing strips nearby, I was considering flying up myself.

Magdon has given me one website address in the south but it would be such an adventure to fly up and hunt.