small ferrets

"greyhound ferrets were thin very long bodied, but very heavy ferrets that were super aggresive. they were openly advertised as a "type" by a bloke called williams, back in the 1960's they were prized for ratting."

that discription of body and attitude seem right for ratting mate just assumed it was someones money making scam in the pet trade, i use a small lean jill at the min best ive ever seen but some of her kits (hobs) might not be as long but i swear they would weigh more than her at severn week old deffinetly got bigger heads but one of the jills is small(poley) like her and an albino jill that is clearly going to be bigger than the mother.

Thanks pal :thumbs:

For me,, a ferrets a ferret,, not into this Greyhound ferret pish, I`ve seen the type and no,, they were`nt that small.. long thin types,,

But anyway,, coursing John,, been at it 23 years bud so i expect I know what I need,, and small tiny things aint it,,

ATB

well yer mate iv been doing it my self for 24 years and there the best iv ever seen and iv seen and had alot cheers

i only work hobs cause a few years ago we were ferreting with a very nice jill (black eyed white ) and the sound comming from the hole was nothing i have every cum across befor we had her at 4 ft so we started to dig but she cameout god what had gone off down there her eye was hanging out and she could not put her frount right leg down we thought what the f**k as done this to a ferret so after a bit we put in one of my nice sized hobs who we know dont take any sh*t off rabbits the banging and thud and screaming and ferret chater cumming out of the hole went on for about ten mins then out came a really big black rabbit he had put one hell of a fight up with both ferrets but the hob had that bit more body hight and was that bit stronger he could move the rabbit and fight with it that bit harder so no jill go with me after that . the jill had a small op to remove her eye and had a chiped bone in her leg removed and she was fine after about 6 weeks so sorry jills but hob only from then on

Edited by Elmer Fudd 2011

i only work hobs cause a few years ago we were ferreting with a very nice jill (black eyed white ) and the sound comming from the hole was nothing i have every cum across befor we had her at 4 ft so we started to dig but she cameout god what had gone off down there her eye was hanging out and she could not put her frount right leg down we thought what the f**k as done this to a ferret so after a bit we put in one of my nice sized hobs who we know dont take any sh*t off rabbits the banging and thud and screaming and ferret chater cumming out of the hole went on for about ten mins then out came a really big black rabbit he had put one hell of a fight up with both ferrets but the hob had that bit more body hight and was that bit stronger he could move the rabbit and fight with it that bit harder so no jill go with me after that . the jill had a small op to remove her eye and had a chiped bone in her leg removed and she was fine after about 6 weeks so sorry jills but hob only from then on

My mates jill whent AWOL start of last season gone for nearlly an hour the muppet forgot to turn the collar on only down fall with the mk3 lol, so we collard little florance up she's not a tiny jill but she's not big , but boy is she a warrior as witnesed by a known ferreter who doesn't use this site any more , so off she goes thud thud whack whack , my mates jill comes out looking worst for wear huge scarcacross her face as though she'd been dueling with zoro, and point blank refused to enter again in fact ever again age had got to her perhaps she's never worked again but florance was down another half hour finally dug to a mangled one and Florence coverd in blood some her own still batteling away , like a good terrier she will not stop till dug to and then she just turns and carries on as witnesed by many , she has had many a kicking but it just spurns her on more , but I now have her daughter who has her drive and persistence but also size and power second to none and hopefully next summer after another seasons graft if my new hob I've bred does the do I should have some very powfull jills fir many years to come , roll on September guys , oh nearlly forgot I saw a hob jack last year to in a warren with Florence but she cracked on and he got the chop and lives in a pet home lol ,

Edited by Jamie m

My mates jill whent AWOL start of last season gone for nearlly an hour the muppet forgot to turn the collar on only down fall with the mk3 lol, so we collard little florance up she's not a tiny jill but she's not big , but boy is she a warrior as witnesed by a known ferreter who doesn't use this site any more , so off she goes thud thud whack whack , my mates jill comes out looking worst for wear huge scarcacross her face as though she'd been dueling with zoro, and point blank refused to enter again in fact ever again age had got to her perhaps she's never worked again but florance was down another half hour finally dug to a mangled one and Florence coverd in blood some her own still batteling away , like a good terrier she will not stop till dug to and then she just turns and carries on as witnesed by many , she has had many a kicking but it just spurns her on more , but I now have her daughter who has her drive and persistence but also size and power second to none and hopefully next summer after another seasons graft if my new hob I've bred does the do I should have some very powfull jills fir many years to come , roll on September guys , oh nearlly forgot I saw a hob jack last year to in a warren with Florence but she cracked on and he got the chop and lives in a pet home lol ,

Florence sounds like a real good un mate. Had a similar one with my white jill last season, entered her into a set beneath a Beach tree, to hear all hell break out down there.

Dug down toward the sound, which then stopped, to find my now red jill ragging the shit out of a now dead tree rat she had run into a tight spot in some roots. She's taken a bit of stick but worked on the rest of the day quite happy.

So far i've not had a ferret walk (touch wood), but if we ever come across that super bunny who the jills just cannot shift, then i have 'Bear' and 'Chunk' the two hobs to sort it out.

One last one, i once dug down to Ruby (white jill) who could not bolt a rabbit that (i'm embaressed to say) had been bolted 2/3 times already and run to ground by the dog. When i got down to her, i reached in and felt wet. . . . hand came out bloody, When i pulled the rabbit that was blocking her in out the tube, it had one of it's ears mostly gone, broken legs, no eyes, no fur from the waist down and a large blood soaked hole in it's neck/throat. I think it'd really fecked her off :laugh:

good luck with the jill lads but saying that my mate as droped a silver jill off today and told me to work her no matter what next season cause his jill are game up for the big fight and they are biger than my jills just a bit smaller then my best hob who i called bear all so hes a black eyed white from a hob and jill albeano god knows were he got his black eyes from .never breed one befor or again