the english whippet by walsh and lowe

Yep great book wrote by people who actualy coursed/worked their dogs as well as showing/racing.

unfortunatly a lot of whippet books have the same rubbish in them but this 1 has always stood out, before the reprint 1st editions of this book in good condition where changing hands for more than £250

they started reprinti8ng it about 18 months - 2 year ago, you can get the reprint anyware for about £20 (WHSmiths, Amazon ect sometimes on Ebay)

i've got a mint 1st edition in mint condition very nearly put it on e/bay 2 year ago as ex library copies with stamps damage ect were bringing between £200-£275.

wish I had now cos I could of bought a repring and been quids in. :cry:

heres a few on amazon, including a 1st edition The English Whippet

Dont bother buying the Moran-Healy book on whippets it's crap, The shirley rawlings 1's ok

Edited by parkstone whippets
they started reprinti8ng it about 18 months - 2 year ago, you can get the reprint anyware for about £20 (WHSmiths, Amazon ect sometimes on Ebay)

i've got a mint 1st edition in mint condition very nearly put it on e/bay 2 year ago as ex library copies with stamps damage ect were bringing between £200-£275.

wish I had now cos I could of bought a repring and been quids in. :cry:

heres a few on amazon, including a 1st edition The English Whippet

Dont bother buying the Moran-Healy book on whippets it's crap, The shirley rawlings 1's ok

Thanks for that PW. :thumbs-up:

Frank.

i'd imagine the 2nd edition would have a lot lower value than the 1st edition.

I understand that but just wondered if there was any difference in price between the two versions published in 84 & whether the amendments were of any significance.

Cupid I dont theink there were any major differnces between the two, apart from the cover is the opposite way round.

regards reload