mother has no more milk?

I've one kit left out of a litter of 4. the other 3 died and i couldnt figure out why. the one left seemed nice and healthy, nice big belly but checked it the other day and had lost a load of weight over night. it chases its mother about squealing but she doesnt want to know, also her nipples arent all swollen anymore, could this be a sign that she has run out of milk? I dont want my last kit dying of starvation. Any constructive replies welcome, Aaron.

the nipples arent swollen at all or hot, just normal. each night they get 1 chicken wing and some minced offal. ive even tried mincing the chicken wing with the bones for calcium etc but it doesnt want to no. just chases its mother about screaming and its rapidly on its way out if it doesnt eat soon.

the nipples arent swollen at all or hot, just normal. each night they get 1 chicken wing and some minced offal. ive even tried mincing the chicken wing with the bones for calcium etc but it doesnt want to no. just chases its mother about screaming and its rapidly on its way out if it doesnt eat soon.

mix some eggs wae evaporated milk mate, or scramble some eggs, soak some biscuits, try it on as many diffrent meals as possible, hunger is a good kitchen mate :thumbs:

• Like 2

Maybe get straight on it tonight mate!! they go downhill fast,, and talking about it on here won`t cure it,, get it tried with allsorts of food,, take it out and try hand feeding it if yeh have to,, anything it will eat!! but do it now,,not tomorrow!!

ATB

• Like 2

Why not take the jill out and hand feed the kit it should of been fending for itself anyway , myne were on meat at 3 weeks put it in the nest every evening just smashed it up a bit first , now at 4 and a half weeks when I open the hutch and call they all come scabelling to me , but every litter you learn something maybe it's not keen on chicken wing might be to much effort for it , also it shouldn't matter about the milk to much if it's running about you could give it waters down lactol from the pet shop put it on it's own and hand feed and liquid , hope this helps

Open a tin of tuna or salmon and leave it in the pen and make sure there is plenty of water. Sounds to me like the kit has been soley dependant on its mother. Have you only just started to feed them this last week?

She was eating solids (the chicken wings) no problem and she has suddenly gone off eating solids altogether. i've brought her in the last few nights and sat her infront of all sorts and she just will not eat it, she is getting thinner by the day. today ive tried her on chicken, mince, scrambled egg, evaporated milk and rabbit but she doesnt want to know but is drinking well. this is why i was confused, she was fat as you like until her siblings died and now she is just refusing any food whatsoever! I thought she might have been partially weaned and thats why not eating solids but i know she was doing. any more suggestion welcome.

have you tryed puppy milk. Tesco's do one that is goats milk so easyer to digest, and will have some fat in it, it something we used when one of our adult ferrets was very under weight, he couldn't eat solid food but would drink ok. The other option if you realy want to keep it going is to force feed it with a serindge and mushed up wet cat food to get it started.or you can get some Hill A/D from your vets and use that in the serindge. Or Chicken complan.