3/4 grey 1/4 wheaten

have got myself a 8 week old 3/4 wheaton grey pup after my last lurcher got killed on the road about a month back :no: he was turning into a handy little fella on the bunnys wasnt big enough for anything else..but it just wasnt to be.

anyway wanted something a bit bigger this time to do all round game...was wondering what this cross are like on rabbits?..he will turn into a fairly big dog going buy the parents..i know they are good at the bigger game but i will also be doing a bit of ferreting and lamping rabbits and would like your opinion on them as rabbiting dogs..anyone had one??

also a few pics if you have any :thumbs: cheers!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont worrie lad, he'll work rabbits no bother, might start off running to fast into them but will learn after a while to slow a bit ya can run him alongside my lad durin the winter if ya want.

Posted Images

have got myself a 8 week old 3/4 wheaton grey pup after my last lurcher got killed on the road about a month back :no: he was turning into a handy little fella on the bunnys wasnt big enough for anything else..but it just wasnt to be.

anyway wanted something a bit bigger this time to do all round game...was wondering what this cross are like on rabbits?..he will turn into a fairly big dog going buy the parents..i know they are good at the bigger game but i will also be doing a bit of ferreting and lamping rabbits and would like your opinion on them as rabbiting dogs..anyone had one??

the pup will be fine, give him enough work and you'll be sorted,,had a 3/4 who died before he was entered, laid back sort of a dog, not an in yer face animal , he'll work out fine if ya look after him , mind this one,,where he from??

lurcher330 are those dogs of yours 3/4 or half cross? look very well so they do :thumbs:

nice one thanks the bitch thats lying down in the pic is bred from a 1st x bitch to a 7/8 bull x dog and the other bitch is from a 3/4 collie greyhound bitch to a 1st x wheaten greyhound dog

so they would be nearer to 3/4 bred 1 with a touch of bull and the other with a touch of collie

Edited by lurcher330

dont worrie lad, he'll work rabbits no bother, might start off running to fast into them but will learn after a while to slow a bit :thumbs:

ya can run him alongside my lad durin the winter if ya want.

ya will do lad...will get them a few outings together...was just wonderin how other lad 3/4 breds turned out on the rabbits....hows blue this weather??

the pup will be fine, give him enough work and you'll be sorted,,had a 3/4 who died before he was entered, laid back sort of a dog, not an in yer face animal , he'll work out fine if ya look after him , mind this one,,where he from??

thanks for the reply...from new ross area...what sort of dogs are you running this weather casso??

thanks for the reply...from new ross area...what sort of dogs are you running this weather casso??

bringing on a pup i got off supersam on here, year old now , this season will be his first proper hard work, hes the most promising pup for his age ive had in a long time, hes done a couple of reds already , more by accident than intent, f**k knows whats in him , lurcher x lurcher, good luck with the new one,,

bringing on a pup i got off supersam on here, year old now , this season will be his first proper hard work, hes the most promising pup for his age ive had in a long time, hes done a couple of reds already , more by accident than intent, f**k knows whats in him , lurcher x lurcher, good luck with the new one,,

good to hear mate...keep me updated when the season gets started..hope he goes well for ya :thumbs:

lurcher330 are those dogs of yours 3/4 or half cross? look very well so they do :thumbs:

nice one thanks the bitch thats lying down in the pic is bred from a 1st x bitch to a 7/8 bull x dog and the other bitch is from a 3/4 collie greyhound bitch to a 1st x wheaten greyhound dog

so they would be nearer to 3/4 bred 1 with a touch of bull and the other with a touch of collie

nice mix in both, hope the work well for you. :thumbs:

dont worrie lad, he'll work rabbits no bother, might start off running to fast into them but will learn after a while to slow a bit :thumbs:

ya can run him alongside my lad durin the winter if ya want.

ya will do lad...will get them a few outings together...was just wonderin how other lad 3/4 breds turned out on the rabbits....hows blue this weather??

we surly will lad, ill try and get a resent pic of him up :thumbs: